C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocrosser input on suspension mods wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 12:49 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Autocrosser input on suspension mods wanted.

I've been following Norval's rework,and brainstorming myself on future mods,maybe as radical as a C-5 transplant or major frame rework,not that I autocross,but just for the fun of it.I've looked into the Steroids kit and coil over conversions,wheels and tires and the like, and was wondering if it's all worth it.My car handles very well as it sits,and I may later on do some of the above just for the fun of it,but how much better can these mods make an already fair handling car handle?

Can you really notice the difference between a "new" stock front end,and a Steroids kit?How about coil overs verses good shocks with the correct coil spring rate?Tube frames verses stock with maybe a few gussets added for reinforcement?

Just a low buck guy curious about future upgrades.(Trying to rationalize the need to buy a welder and do a full frame off with major mods :crazy: )
Old 04-07-2004, 01:45 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Autocrosser input on suspension mods wanted. (The Money Pit)

This winter I installed the longer spindles to raise the roll center, reduced bump steer to less then .010 over 7 inches of travel, put coilovers on all 4 corners, made a set of really good sway bar links and gusseted the lower a arm mounting points.
How does it drive???
It will come out in the next couple of weeks so I can get some driving impression and make changes if required.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:16 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: Autocrosser input on suspension mods wanted. (norvalwilhelm)

I don't know why I'm such a glutten for punishment,but this stuff really is cool.

Get notified of new replies

To Autocrosser input on suspension mods wanted.

Quick Reply: Autocrosser input on suspension mods wanted.