C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm and Light Questions on Our '77

Old 04-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Wendell Allen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Alarm and Light Questions on Our '77

Door key - my car didn't come with one when I bought it. Is there a number somewhere, maybe on the door lock cylinder, that I can use to have one cut? If not, is there an alternative outside of buying a new set?

Alarm - Did my car have one from the factory? I have a horn inside the right front fenderwell, and an electrical switch on the drivers side door lock. However, there's not the ususal key activator anywhere on the body work, and absolutely non on the front fender like I'm used to seeing. Or is it activated by the electrical switch on the door lock cylinder?

Radio/AC control light - Mine comes on and goes off intermittently as I drive. And I can't figure out what's setting it off. What determines when this light is on and when it's off?

Vapor canister hose - I have one that's just hanging loose in the engine compartment. But none of them off the canister are hooked to the carb (a Holley on an Edlebrock manifold). My suspision is that this hose should in fact be hooked to the carb to pull the extra fumes into the engine. Can anyone confirm this?

As Always, Thanks!
W
Old 04-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Alarm and Light Questions on Our '77 (Wendell Allen)

Can't help with the door lock #, But the factory alarm should have it's own lock cylinder on the door or drivers fender. The Radio/AC light is a small bulb/socket above the gage bezel under the top dash pad. Mine goes out too, because the bulb/socket/connection becomes loose. Have to remove the top pad to access. Vapor Canister is gone, so can't help there either. Hope some else chimes in to help you.
Eddie
Old 04-07-2004, 11:47 AM
FeedVaal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Alarm and Light Questions on Our '77 (Silvr77)

A 1/4 hose leads from the lowest central port on my carb to the front port on the cannister.

Any competent locksmith can make a key to fit your lock. I've seen it done in 20 minutes with the lock still on the car.

If your lights are on when the ac light goes out its probably a ground problem.
If the light comes on when the lights are off, its probably a short finding an alternate power source.

Get notified of new replies

To Alarm and Light Questions on Our '77

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alarm and Light Questions on Our '77