C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 06:34 AM
chicken's73sting
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Question

I'm really just curious more than anything, since its gonna be a while before i get to work on my baby again but has anyone here heard or installed the Performance Plus Suspension system in corvette america? its the one that converts the front coils to the transverse mounted spring in the front, how does it handle afterwards, im really just looking for any available info on it, because i've never driven my vette, let alone any c3 style and wonder if this upgrade is worth the $$$ or if i should just stick with the standard style suspension....thanks again for all of your help-Danny :chevy
Old 04-09-2004, 05:08 PM
kortensi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Suspension Question (chicken's73sting)

Hey Danny, I just recently got one from VBP. I was rebulding my suspenion because there wasn't a single piece of rubber left anywhere under this poor 71. Well, once I got the control arms off I noticed that they were really bent. I couldn't even get the new ball joints in them. So I figured upgrade. I've got the whole thing mounted and the steering back in now, but I am waiting on one other unrelated part before I put her back on the ground. If you are not in too much of a hurry, I'll let you know in about two to three weeks on how well it works (I Hope) :D
I have a bunch of photos of it too if you need to see them.

Quick Reply: Suspension Question