C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damaged the red wire going into the alternator, this is probably why she wont start huh?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 02:30 AM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default damaged the red wire going into the alternator, this is probably why she wont start huh?

Well, just to spice up everyones mid week. I was completeing my weekend projects today ( yes i know its no longer the weekend but,..hey thats vette ownership). I ended up putting a new alternator in the car Sunday and finally got around to getting a new Dayco belt for her when I realized the red wire going into the back of the alt was sitting at a 90 degree angle wide open and exposed right before it connects to the unit. Needles to say the car wont start, wont turn over at all but i stil have lighs radio,etc etc etc. Must have broken the wire when the darn Alt slipped out of my hand while trying to fit the second non fitting dayco belt.
The interesting thing about these cars is that ownership is never boring,...may not be all that encouraging but never never boring!
Old 04-07-2004, 01:24 PM
brooksman9
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: damaged the red wire going into the alternator

The interesting thing about these cars is that ownership is never boring,...may not be all that encouraging but never never boring!
:iagree: :boxing :banghead: :cuss :cuss :mad :smash: :crazy: and finally ocasional :auto:
Old 04-07-2004, 04:14 PM
First79vette
Advanced

Default Re: damaged the red wire going into the alternator (brooksman9)

:iagree: :lol:
Old 04-07-2004, 04:30 PM
stingraymaniac
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: damaged the red wire going into the alternator (First79vette)

:iagree: :lol:
:lol: :yesnod:
Old 04-09-2004, 12:21 AM
DropTopBigBlock
Pro

Default Re: damaged the red wire going into the alternator

I broke the same wire one Sat. nite when passing some moron who pulled out in front of me (exactly HOW that all happened, I'll never know). Limped home, and it took two weeks to sort out the ensuing electrical problems.

adventures on corvette ownership . . .

Get notified of new replies

To damaged the red wire going into the alternator, this is probably why she wont start huh?

Quick Reply: damaged the red wire going into the alternator, this is probably why she wont start huh?