C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help - door needs adjustment after changing weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 10:54 PM
martinsw
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Default help - door needs adjustment after changing weatherstripping

Put on weatherstripping (large one around door and the two pieces for the vertical window sealing- will be doing the t-tops and other door when the rain stops). Went pretty well, but the door now seems to need adjustment - is this common? Seems like I need to raide the rear of the door a 1/4" or so (front hinge adjustment) and also the door does not close in (at the rear) as far as it used to. The stircker bolt doesn't move in enough to bring the door in all the way (it is about 3/8" or so to far out now).

The door /window fit fine with the old, collapsed, worn badly weatherstriping. I want to get the door right before even addressing window adjustment (if needed) - I have found in the AIM how to fully adjust the window, if and when needed, but NOT sure about the door IN/OUT adjustment.

Will the weatherstipping deform some in the next couple of weeks so I shouldn't worry now? Or should I somehow adjust the door to close more inward (AND HOW)?

Any help would be appreciated -

:rolleyes:
Old 04-03-2004, 04:03 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: help - door needs adjustment after changing weatherstripping (martinsw)

let the weatherstrip adjust to teh car it will work better after it sits a while month or so on mine
Old 04-03-2004, 10:19 PM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: help - door needs adjustment after changing weatherstripping (Love My 72 and 77)

If your door is standing out 3/8" it is probably only on the first catch. You will have to adjust the striker bolt out to reach the second catch. In a few weeks the new rubber will start to conform and you can move the bolts back in. Craig :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To help - door needs adjustment after changing weatherstripping

Quick Reply: help - door needs adjustment after changing weatherstripping