C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?im restoring the windshield molding on a vert.whats this type of sealent

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Chuck-75
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?im restoring the windshield molding on a vert.whats this type of sealent

Ive removed all the windshield molding on my 75 vert, (and will install all new weather striping, and upper corner molding), before i install the new stuff,I have to ask those that have done this before?, on the original center stainless molding theres this foam black sealer? was this something thats still available or was this just foam and the sealer has turned it black?, (it looks like (1/8 X 3/16)foam weather striping. The local dealer cant give me any info? tks all :seeya
Old 04-02-2004, 10:14 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: ?im restoring the windshield molding on a vert.whats this type of sealent (Chuck-75)

Corvette Central, Eckler's is where I'd look. You can just use RTV but it was sticky backed thin foam from the factory. The AIM clearly shows this.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Cajun99
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ?im restoring the windshield molding on a vert.whats this type of sealent (KenSny)

Corvette Central, Eckler's is where I'd look. You can just use RTV but it was sticky backed thin foam from the factory. The AIM clearly shows this.
:iagree: :yesnod:
Old 04-02-2004, 08:25 PM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: ?im restoring the windshield molding on a vert.whats this type of sealent (Cajun75)

You could also use strip caulk. Craig :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To ?im restoring the windshield molding on a vert.whats this type of sealent

Quick Reply: ?im restoring the windshield molding on a vert.whats this type of sealent