C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone remember the part # for Felpro 1 pc oil pan gasket ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 09:18 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Anyone remember the part # for Felpro 1 pc oil pan gasket ?

Getting together all the gaskets and misc. stuff to finish the 406ci off. Looking for that blue 1 pc gasket Felpro makes for my 330817 casting, 72-80 400 block with a passenger side dipstick, anyone have the part number handy ?

Also need the part number for a Flepro 400 head gasket with the steam holes :D
Old 04-01-2004, 10:30 PM
VETDRMS
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Anyone remember the part # for Felpro 1 pc oil pan gasket ? (MotorHead)

Well, I certainly hope you have less problems than I have!
Actually I didn't have any the first time around, just when I started mixing things up! :lol:

Anyways, I used the one piece from SCE and I like it:

Chevrolet: 1975-85 262-400, two-piece rear main seal, one-piece, Accu-Seal Pro, oil pan gasket
SCE-211090

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...t=SCE%2D211090

As far as head gaskets go....how bout some Cometic??? :jester

AFR recommends the FelPro 1014 for 400's. These do have a steel fire ring and they did imprint my heads...FYI

Chevrolet: 262-400, .039 in. compressed thickness, 4.200 in. bore, 9.0 cc compressed volume, head gaskets
FPP-1014

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...art=FPP%2D1014

GOOD LUCK!!!

:cheers:

EDIT: Oh, and keep an eye out on your distributor gear. I'm not the only one who has had -8 cams eat them. :eek:

EDIT2: I'm assuming your doing the assembly? Did you have the block line bored? If so don't forget to use the oversized rear main seal.

[Modified by VETDRMS, 8:34 PM 4/1/2004]
Old 04-01-2004, 10:52 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Default Re: Anyone remember the part # for Felpro 1 pc oil pan gasket ? (VETDRMS)

Thanks for the info just what I needed, don't like the thing about the imprint from the gasket though.

Yes the block was line bored as I have the ARP main studs and I have the oversize
Felpro seal. A little concerned about the distributor gear I will call Comp Cams, I have a nice biller timing cover with a built in adjustable cam button so I will pay close attention when setting the cam play.

Got the CC Hi Tech roller rockers I won off ebay today, 7/16 stud and 1.6:1 ratio they are really nice. Will take some pics of the progress this weekend my heads are done so I will pick them up tommorrow. :D
Old 04-01-2004, 11:24 PM
VETDRMS
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Anyone remember the part # for Felpro 1 pc oil pan gasket ? (MotorHead)

Well, sounds to me like you've got it covered. :)

The Cometic gaskets do not imprint....*your getting sleepy, very sleepy...think cometic.....sleepy*

:lol:

Did you end up splaying the mains?

Sounds like you have the right timing cover, I too have a thick aluminum one, but it has no cam button adjustment. What cover is yours?

I think you'll be pleased with the results, I certainly am, but most of my time seems to be spent fixing, not driving! :mad

EDIT: and oh, yeah, don't forget to go pick on some *cough* "big" blocks. :lol:
:auto:

[Modified by VETDRMS, 9:25 PM 4/1/2004]
Old 04-02-2004, 12:31 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Default Re: Anyone remember the part # for Felpro 1 pc oil pan gasket ? (VETDRMS)

Cloyes 2 pc timing cover they are about 100 bucks but very nice they have a little wheel on the inside of the cover that runs on the end of the cam that can be adjusted in or out with a hex key after you put it on :D

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone remember the part # for Felpro 1 pc oil pan gasket ?

Quick Reply: Anyone remember the part # for Felpro 1 pc oil pan gasket ?