C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upper Dash Pad Removal and Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Agallup54
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upper Dash Pad Removal and Installation

I recently purchased an Upper Dash Pad for my 1976 Vette from Mid America and they said there are no written directions for removing and installing the upper dash pad. So I thought I'd get some instruction on the Forum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :thumbs:
Old 04-01-2004, 03:23 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Upper Dash Pad Removal and Installation (Agallup54)

Extremely difficult to remove with the windshield in place...you have to remove the lower panels the get to the screws that are holding the pad in place, and with the windshield in place you have to showhorn the the old pad out and do the same with the new pad...forcing the pads in place you risk the danger of cracking them.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:40 PM
stingraymaniac
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: Upper Dash Pad Removal and Installation (GDaina)

Extremely difficult to remove with the windshield in place...you have to remove the lower panels the get to the screws that are holding the pad in place, and with the windshield in place you have to showhorn the the old pad out and do the same with the new pad...forcing the pads in place you risk the danger of cracking them.
:iagree: :withstupid:
That the way i did it!
Be wery careful not to brake in half!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:44 PM
76greg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Upper Dash Pad Removal and Installation (GDaina)

After all the screws are out (do not forget the one attached to the brace just right of center under the pad) remove both piller post mouldings, shove dash pad all the way to the right then slightly bow the pad up in the middle, slide left side out past piller post. You must pull the pad toward you to release the clips that attach the pad to the lip that is below the windshield. These clips are a pain to get clipped on again but I use a long screw driver to open each clip as I reattach them one at a time. Be patient. It helps if the dash pad is warm and flexible.

Greg
Old 04-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Upper Dash Pad Removal and Installation (76greg)

After all the screws are out (do not forget the one attached to the brace just right of center under the pad) remove both piller post mouldings, shove dash pad all the way to the right then slightly bow the pad up in the middle, slide left side out past piller post. You must pull the pad toward you to release the clips that attach the pad to the lip that is below the windshield. These clips are a pain to get clipped on again but I use a long screw driver to open each clip as I reattach them one at a time. Be patient. It helps if the dash pad is warm and flexible.

Greg

:iagree:

[Modified by Fevre, 4:47 PM 4/1/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Upper Dash Pad Removal and Installation

Quick Reply: Upper Dash Pad Removal and Installation