C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with the Holley Pro-jection fuel system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 02:43 AM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any experience with the Holley Pro-jection fuel system?

Saw one tonight at the checkers parts store and i must admit it peeked my interest. Looks wierd and a litle different! I know i can go onto the Holley sight and get info but i was also wondering if any forum members have used it or hav an opinion on it. Does it sound like something i could mount on my ZZ4?
Old 03-31-2004, 06:02 AM
djgrelli
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any experience with the Holley Pro-jection fuel system? (sharkthehunter77)

My son and I put in a SB Chevy in his 87 Jeep Wrangler a few years ago. It wouldn't come close to passing emmissions here in Maryland. We were running a Holley Spread Bore. Changed it out with the Holley Pro-Jection and it ran right thru the emmissions test. It is a nice system. I'll admit it does look a little different but Holley must have done its homework because it does produce awesome power and the gas mileage is much better than the carb we had on the engine. Be advised it's not true fuel injection but a modified version of a throttle body.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:21 AM
Fast81
Melting Slicks

Received 250 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Re: Any experience with the Holley Pro-jection fuel system? (sharkthehunter77)

Been running it on Fast81 for over 4 yrs now. Don't beleive the Holley BS about the 2-brl only capable of 275hp. My motor is pushing close to 375hp with my 2brl and I have the screws only 50-75% open. I also don't have to have a laptop to tune it -- I can tune it while driving. When I had it dialed in by a Holley-trained tech, he even recommended upping the fuel pressure (it is adustable) and upgrading bigger injectors as future options if my mod'ing outgrew the system.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:02 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Any experience with the Holley Pro-jection fuel system? (Fast81)

The biggest pain is the fuel line (return) And it most certainly is True fuel injection. they offer both throttle body (replaces carb) and MPFI (replaces intake manifold. The throttle body is much cheaper.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:52 PM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I ran an early version of their two injector throttle body unit for about three years before moving to TPI.
I found it to be much more responsive than a carb and it upped my dynod HP about 75.
It was also have to tune and have to be retuned with weather changes. Not hard to do, but a pain.
I expect their current models are much better than my early production model.

Get notified of new replies

To Any experience with the Holley Pro-jection fuel system?

Quick Reply: Any experience with the Holley Pro-jection fuel system?