C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does the center section of a 78 PC spoiler bolt to??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:10 PM
1978shark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the center section of a 78 PC spoiler bolt to??

Body guys I need your help. On my ’78 pace car the owner before me failed to pay attention to a curb and took off the front spoiler. I am attempting to fit a new three-piece spoiler back on and the first thing I noticed was there is nothing to bolt the center section to. Looking in the AIM it seems the valance was missing. Called Ecklers and now I have the valence. Here is where I need your help. It seems that the front of the valance bolts to the bottom edge of the bumper. Where or what does it bolt to on the ends or sides? How about the rear? Does it bolt to the bumper support arms? Does the center section of the spoiler then bolt to the valance only? The AIM really didn’t show much detail, or at least at 11:00 PM last night it didn’t. Can anyone help or have some pics that show how this is mounted?
Old 03-31-2004, 12:54 AM
enforcer
Instructor

Default Re: What does the center section of a 78 PC spoiler bolt to?? (1978shark)

If I remember correctly the valance panel attaches to the bumper cover and to both fenders. There is alot of metal strap type supports under there to reinforce it.

I dont think it attaches directly to the inner bumper though. I'll check mine out tomorrow, I've got my bumper cover off right now.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:48 AM
1978shark
Racer

Default Re: What does the center section of a 78 PC spoiler bolt to?? (enforcer)

Thanks enforcer! :cheers:
Any help you could give is appreciated. I have a feeling that some of those attachment points/straps are missing from mine. Later today I plan on lifting the car and getting a better look in the day light.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:01 PM
enforcer
Instructor

Default Re: What does the center section of a 78 PC spoiler bolt to?? (1978shark)

Hey 1978shark,
I just went and looked and the panel attaches to the bottom of both front fenders where they curve under at the front. Looks like they are pop riveted with a metal reinforcement strip between them.
I took some pix so if u shoot me an email I'll send you the pix, I don't know how to post them here.

Get notified of new replies

To What does the center section of a 78 PC spoiler bolt to??

Quick Reply: What does the center section of a 78 PC spoiler bolt to??