C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

urban legend

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 08:39 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default urban legend

follow this thread from the Yenko site!!
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old 03-30-2004, 09:25 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: urban legend (redvetracr)

:shocked: A real "car in the barn" story!!! :smiliedrool:
Old 03-30-2004, 09:41 AM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: urban legend (page62)

Thats amazing. :eek: :crazy:
Old 03-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Grinchia
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:eek: :eek: :smiliedrool: :smiliedrool: :shocked: :shocked:
Old 03-30-2004, 09:57 AM
verskel
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm speechless....... :smiliedrool:

Great post, Redvetracr ! :cheers:
Old 03-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Ryan77
Drifting

Default Re: urban legend (verskel)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:
Old 03-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Cajun99
Le Mans Master

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Simply awesome :shocked: :shocked:
Old 03-30-2004, 10:58 AM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

wow that is amazing.
Im shocked how well thoes cars cleaned up. (good pictuers too)
Old 03-30-2004, 11:12 AM
verskel
Safety Car

Ahhhhhhh.....now here is a real barn fresh car unlike the frauds you see on eBay :

And my personal favorite goes to the 1-inch thick dust covered '63......ain't that a beauty ?!? :thumbs:
Old 03-30-2004, 11:44 AM
billy78sa
Advanced

the whole thing is just unbelievable, i just wish i could own a 68 through 72 bumper car and he is able to buy all of them. i am totally speechless.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Too bad there going to another guy with too many cars to drive and he won't appreciate em! as much as an individual owner would have. Charlie already has a massive collection of Yenko Camaros and if you notice his photo at his shop, there is one of the famous GM engineer's (Mark Sitelow) fromer pro-touring Camaros in with the Yenkos (not a cheap car to have purchased.) Cars need to be driven to be maintained and they will again just sit after another restoration, they are in a better home but, it is a shame that each one couldn't have gone to an individual who would restore and enjoy the Vette (maybe Charlie plans to quickie restore them and churn them through a car auction to buy another ZL-1 Camaro.) I'm sure Charlie got quite a good deal on these cars, too bad more people didn't know about the neglected cache of Vettes that couldn't possibly afford to pay the price for a fully restored one but, could have put "sweat equity" into one of these neglected Vettes and owned and driven the car they always wanted. You may take this a "sour grapes" but, it isn't I just like to hang out with people who own and skin their knuckles on their Vettes rather than hearing them complain about how long the car was in the shop, how hard the correct part was to find, how they are going to ship their C1 off to Neuman for a C4 runnig gear conversion, spend too much money with a "name" engine builder for a motor and how much it cost to have to work performed. I wrench what I drive!
Old 03-30-2004, 12:07 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Default Re: urban legend (Solid LT1)

if you notice his photo at his shop, there is one of the famous GM engineer's (Mark Sitelow) fromer pro-touring Camaros in with the Yenkos (not a cheap car to have purchased.)
Whoa, I thought I recognized that red beast. :cool:

.... too bad more people didn't know about the neglected cache of Vettes that couldn't possibly afford to pay the price for a fully restored one but, could have put "sweat equity" into one of these neglected Vettes and owned and driven the car they always wanted. You may take this a "sour grapes" but, it isn't I just like to hang out with people who own and skin their knuckles on their Vettes rather than hearing them complain about how long the car was in the shop, how hard the correct part was to find, how they are going to ship their C1 off to Neuman for a C4 runnig gear conversion, spend too much money with a "name" engine builder for a motor and how much it cost to have to work performed. I wrench what I drive!
True. There's something about a guy who 'struggles' to attain his/her dream ride and continues to make it better the old fashion way. :smash:
My first dream car was a 1967 Camaro. I rode my bike down to see it (in pieces) hope to buy it & put it back together again. I found out about the car by word of mouth & the owner was in my high school graduating class !

Long story short, I bought it for $800 and my dad helped me tow it home while I sat behind the wheel on a 'loose' bucket seat not even bolted to the floor ! .......The rush I got after 2 hard months of piecing it together and hearing that 327 come to life ! :thumbs:

From then on I've own several 1st gen. camaros before graduating to Corvette. My '68 has been in my ownership for 6 years and is the last of my 'muscle' cars from the sixties.

You're 100% right.......I luv hangin' with you knuckle-busters on the forum and finding ways to improve my ride on a shoestring budget. It's all about the struggle - the sweat - the tears - and finally the :cool: ride that only the 'owner' can appreciate fully. :flag
Old 03-30-2004, 12:25 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That is an awesome story! I think I feel a tear coming on. I can't imagine the feeling of opening that barn door-wow!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:35 PM
77BuffaloVet
Racer

That is a great story. My 77 sat in a barn for ten years. It is amazing that after sitting that long the car fired right up...I can also relate to the dead mice found in numerous places in the car...
Old 03-30-2004, 04:55 PM
brooksman9
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Contributor

no pictures??? :cry
Old 03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
71forKen
Instructor

To view the pictures click on the "attachment" at the top of Charlie's replies. What an amazing group of cars! Although we'd like the wealth to be spread around more, at least the owner parted with them before they rotted away. I wonder how much he shelled out for all of them???
Old 03-31-2004, 09:05 AM
Rottenrob
Burning Brakes

Default Re: urban legend (71forKen)

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: too cool...

Get notified of new replies

To urban legend

Old 03-31-2004, 04:47 PM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

What a great story!! Thanks!
:eek: :yesnod:
Old 03-31-2004, 04:56 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

:cool: :cool:
Old 03-31-2004, 05:32 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

You may take this a "sour grapes" but, it isn't I just like to hang out with people who own and skin their knuckles on their Vettes rather than hearing them complain about how long the car was in the shop, how hard the correct part was to find, how they are going to ship their C1 off to Neuman for a C4 runnig gear conversion, spend too much money with a "name" engine builder for a motor and how much it cost to have to work performed. I wrench what I drive!

True. There's something about a guy who 'struggles' to attain his/her dream ride and continues to make it better the old fashion way. :smash:

You're 100% right.......I luv hangin' with you knuckle-busters on the forum and finding ways to improve my ride on a shoestring budget. It's all about the struggle - the sweat - the tears - and finally the :cool: ride that only the 'owner' can appreciate fully. :flag
I agree. I'm no expert, but I'm learning more all the time as I wrench on my vette. My good buddy spent 9 years restoring a Datsun Z car, and I think this sums up the sentiment pretty well:

Quick Reply: urban legend