C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highest HP Vette at Northern California Corvette Associations dyno day

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Highest HP Vette at Northern California Corvette Associations dyno day

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zeo...&.dnm=5364.jpg
Would any of the C3 faithful have had any doubt! My 1972 LT-1 ruined a Z06 owner's day! (he had top HP until I re-jetted my Holley) The problem was I ran out of time to properly re-jet my new Pro Form throttle body but got it into the "ballpark" at 371HP at the back tires (must have been due to my new wheels and tires!) The next event, the Marina, CA AutoX on April 4th near Monterey, CA (check the Pacific region events on this website for information.) My Vette may not have the best paint (and won't until I stop slamming her into pylons on weekends) but, she is always one of the best running and underrated performers. Keep up the faith! One last note, if anyone in the Nor Cal region is looking for a good Dyno facillity, give Ray a call at Dyno Labs in San Ramon, CA (925) 831-8240 not only is he a skilled Dyno operator but, a C5 owner who has set several "top time of days" at our WSCC autocross events. My car had a severe lean condition and where many of the idiots would have probably "pulled the trigger" and possibly damaged the motor, Ray stopped the test and informed me of the problems, I neeted about a 45-50HP increase in the quick 4 runs we made to straighten out my fuel curve with the carb I built over the Winter for this seasons Drag racing events, I may actually leave this Holley on for the AutoX instead of returning to my tried and proven 650DP Holley. I had not been able to "dial in" this carb and had brought my reserve Holley to re-install if this carb did not straighten out during the session, the Dyno runs were some of the best money I have ever spent! Thanks Ray! :hurray:

[Modified by Solid LT1, 1:06 PM 3/29/2004]

[Modified by Solid LT1, 1:25 PM 3/29/2004]
Old 03-29-2004, 04:14 PM
stingraymaniac
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: Highest HP Vette at Northern California Corvette Associations dyno day (Solid LT1)

always fun too beat those c5 owners!!
really nice car you got there!
:cool: :chevy :cool:
Old 03-29-2004, 04:49 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Highest HP Vette at Northern California Corvette Associations dyno day (Solid LT1)

I can't get your link to come up but good job! Those are some really good numbers. What cam/head combo are you running? Any other special parts on your engine? It's great to see a C3 run so well.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Default Re: Highest HP Vette at Northern California Corvette Associations dyno day (burners)

That's a very healthy LT1 you have there. I couldn't get the link to work either. We're real close to each other. I have the LT1 in my 70 Z28- maybe we can get together & compare notes sometime. :cheers:
Old 03-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Highest HP Vette at Northern California Corvette Associations dyno day (Les)

Les, you can give my good friend Dan at Amaral's Engine Parts and Machine in Fremont a call for parts or to build you a simular combo. My LT-1 has several modifications but, retains the stock factory intake and valve covers over a "trick" valvetrain to get these numbers. The motor runs fine on our bad 91RON premium pump gas and has about 12K miles on it since being assembled 7-8 years ago. AEPM's number is 510-656-9351 and the address is 45405 Industrial Place unit#1 by the NUMMI plant in Fremont. You can send me an Email but, I'm busy this week getting the car prepped for the season opener AutoX in Marina by Monterey and the following weekend at Pac Bell Park in San Francisco. I was a Rally Sport 69 Z/28 owner for more than 25yrs (Norwood Ohio X33 data plate) but, I sold it 3 years ago. The early Z's are getting big bucks at auctions but, I wouldn't trade my Vette to get my RS Z/28 back (I spent 2 years going through the chassis and drivetrain during the engine re-build but, the body has several battle scars from AutoX racing.)

Anyway, my friend is an honest, knowlegeable guy with a reputable machine shop. Give hiim a call, you wont be disappointed.
regards
Eric

Get notified of new replies

To Highest HP Vette at Northern California Corvette Associations dyno day

Quick Reply: Highest HP Vette at Northern California Corvette Associations dyno day