C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, so now I'm going to do cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 02:36 PM
OREO Speedwagon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, so now I'm going to do cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam!

I have a stock 76 L-48 w/ 56k miles on it. I'm not looking for massive amounts of power out of it it. I like to drive it a lot, so driveability, responsiveness, reliability, and good all around performance is what I'm going for.

So far, I think the best carb and intake for me will be the Performer EPS intake w/ the 600 Performer carb. I've been planning on replacing the cam and now seems as good time as any to get in there and do it.

What would be a good cam for my goals? I'll probably go w/ comp cams considering they're highly recommended around here. I'm just not sure how big. I've heard good things about the Comp Cam XE-262 but am curious to see what everyone else recommends.

Also, after I do this, the next step will be to run duals and lose the cats. That'll happen later this spring.

Next year, new heads and headers.

:smash:
Old 03-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default OK, so now I'm going to do cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam!

That one or the 268. Don't expect the full amount of improvement until you get headers.

Brett :thumbs:
Old 03-29-2004, 05:52 PM
OREO Speedwagon
Advanced

Default Re: OK, so now I'm going to do cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam! (Brettmc)

That one or the 268. Don't expect the full amount of improvement until you get headers.

Brett :thumbs:
I've been reading up on both and need to read more on the 268.

I know I won't see a lot until the headers. I'm just piecemealing it. I think doing the headers and heads at the same time make sense, so I'm ok with waiting.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:57 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Default Re: OK, so now I'm going to do cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam!

268 for a stock automatic will work. :thumbs:

If you have a 4-spd. you can push it on up in the 280 duration range. ;)
Old 03-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: OK, ... cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam! (OREO Speedwagon)

You need to give trans. & rear gears for cam.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:44 AM
OREO Speedwagon
Advanced

Default Re: OK, ... cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam! (Ganey)

You need to give trans. & rear gears for cam.
My bad, I should know better than that. Especially considering I've been going through the archives and I've seen you mention that same thing more than a few times in similar threads.

:lol:

The car is completely stock, with an auto tranny TH350. I think the stock gear in the L48 auto was a 3.08.

Get notified of new replies

To OK, so now I'm going to do cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam!

Quick Reply: OK, so now I'm going to do cam, intake and carb at same time. Help me w/ the cam!