C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is it with the C3 water leaks and quality?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Mr.Gearhead
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is it with the C3 water leaks and quality?????

Hi all,
I am finally finished the frame rebuild. Motor, Muncie and all lines are new and clean. The frame and suspension almost looks too nice to cover up.... hee hee.
Well... I have focused my attention to the body. I GUTTED the entire wiring harnesses and purchased new replacements. As many of you know, working in the engine compartment makes you say "I have gone this far... might as well clean that also..." With this in mind, I am finding a lot of gaps in the windshield wiper area and behind the fenders. When I spray water in that area... THE CAR LEAKS LIKE OIL FROM AND OLD HARLEY! It is coming in the interior so much, it seems as if the hose is inside the car! I have read other posts on this... but come on. Did GM have it like this from the factory? How the hell can I get behind the fenders without ripping them off? Turning a wrench is somewhat easy for me... BUT BODY WORK is an art. (At least to me it is..) WHAT CAN I DO? This is looking like big trouble and BIG $$$$. I could really use some help and advise. Also, I don't want to butcher the job now... I have 2 years invested so far and I thought I was getting close to completing this project!!!!!!!

:banghead: :eek:
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/bendera/

[Modified by Mr.Gearhead, 11:17 AM 3/29/2004]
Old 03-29-2004, 11:34 AM
stingraymaniac
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: What is it with the C3 water leaks and quality????? (Mr.Gearhead)

have you ac?
if not maybe you put the hose in the cold air intakes that are in there.
its one difficult area to work on without ripping the front clip off,if you have the interior out you should be able too se where its coming in and seal it from the inside.
Ore else you must take the front clip off ore do some serious damage too the body
:smash: :smash:

Quick Reply: What is it with the C3 water leaks and quality?????