C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

74 Seat Belt overide switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 01:51 AM
rsinagoga@cox.net
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 74 Seat Belt overide switch

Anyone have an answer to the seat belt overide switch malfuctioning? If I am in the seat the engine will not turn over when you turn the key. I have to push in the button on the under hood overide. Help Problem is nobody sells the switch. Any ideas. Thanks
Old 03-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 74 Seat Belt overide switch (rsinagoga@***.net)

74 was the only year that system was used and then it was ruled unconstitutional and dealers were required to disable the system if the customer wanted them to. It is a simple "clip one wire" thing to do but at the moment I don't remember which on. I do remember it is a small green wire that sorta looks like a jumper. I did have a 74 and did exactly that. I think if you go to NTSB site and find recalls and service bulletins, there might be a bulletin on how to do it. There is also a sequnce sensor in the seats so if you buckle the belt and then sit down on it, the engine will not start. I don't know if those fail but it's something to look at.

Quick Reply: 74 Seat Belt overide switch