C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running a transmission temperature gauge.........need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 05:44 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Anyone running a transmission temperature gauge.........need help.

I baught a TCI 801000 transmission temperature gauge and have it installed. I had to weld a bung in the pan to install the sender,and now I'm thinking I want to change the pan to a deep pan for the added cooling and protection. On the 700r4 there's a test port and I've heard some have installed their senders in that.What brand or part number sender will fit?I think it's 1/8"NPT thread,and the gauge reads from 150-320 degrees on the bezel.

Old 03-28-2004, 05:53 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Anyone running a transmission temperature gauge.........need help. (The Money Pit)

When I was running the 700 with the deep sump aluminum pan I just drilled a hole in the pan and taped it for pipe thread and screwed the brass plug that holds the temperature sensor into the pan. When the temperature goes to 175 I would turn on the 10 inch fan that cools the transmission oil.
I use the same gauge in my Tremec but it never moves. Once I saw it at 160 but that was the only time it ever moved.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:52 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Re: Anyone running a transmission temperature gauge.........need help. (norvalwilhelm)

BTO gave me a drian plug with the pipe thread drilled in it for the sending unit.

[Modified by redwingvette, 6:54 PM 3/28/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running a transmission temperature gauge.........need help.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a transmission temperature gauge.........need help.