C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dan at Van Steel is the Man!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 05:58 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dan at Van Steel is the Man!!!!!!

I've been rebuilding the car for a while. I followed the spring height thread and related to the "4X4" look. I put on the TRW spring last summer, but I still haven't driven the car. Well, a couple of months ago I put in the Van Steel mono front spring with tubular control arms-top and bottom. I finally decided to call Dan at Van Steel and tell him my issues. My car was 30.5 inches in the backwith the TRW spring. It was also very close to the tires(275/60/15-BFG's). After consulting with Dan he offered to build me a custom spring-custom spring rate and 1/2 inch shorter on each end to clear fat nasty balonies(I plan to go with 295/50/15's or ditch my brand new Centerline 813's and go with 18" rims and 285/40/18 tires). Long story short, the car now sits 28.5 inches tall in the back and 26.75 inches in the front(front has 255/60/15's). The ride height is perfect now!! It looks so mean. I've spent a couple thousand bucks with Van Steel- money WELL SPENT! Now I just need to get the rest of the car back together so I can drive the darned thing. Just thought I'd spread respect and adulation for a real stand up business!! Dan is a real assest to Corvette owners and the forum.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:55 PM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Dan at Van Steel is the Man!!!!!! (79VetteMike)

:iagree: . Before I started my differential replacement, I consulted my 3 different manuals that showed 3 different procedures. I asked Dan which was the best way. They use a little of all the procedures. He gave me instructions that made the job easy! :thumbs:
Old 03-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

pix, pix, pix!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 08:59 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Dan at Van Steel is the Man!!!!!! (Oldguard 7)

pix, pix, pix!!!!!!
Stop- or you're going to force me to go buy a digital camera.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:25 PM
neverendingproject
Pro

did ya buy one yet. i wanna see those tubular a-arms!!!! how much were they and the rear spring.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:02 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been rebuilding the car for a while. I followed the spring height thread and related to the "4X4" look. I put on the TRW spring last summer, but I still haven't driven the car. Well, a couple of months ago I put in the Van Steel mono front spring with tubular control arms-top and bottom. I finally decided to call Dan at Van Steel and tell him my issues. My car was 30.5 inches in the backwith the TRW spring. It was also very close to the tires(275/60/15-BFG's). After consulting with Dan he offered to build me a custom spring-custom spring rate and 1/2 inch shorter on each end to clear fat nasty balonies(I plan to go with 295/50/15's or ditch my brand new Centerline 813's and go with 18" rims and 285/40/18 tires). Long story short, the car now sits 28.5 inches tall in the back and 26.75 inches in the front(front has 255/60/15's). The ride height is perfect now!! It looks so mean. I've spent a couple thousand bucks with Van Steel- money WELL SPENT! Now I just need to get the rest of the car back together so I can drive the darned thing. Just thought I'd spread respect and adulation for a real stand up business!! Dan is a real assest to Corvette owners and the forum.
:iagree: Dan took my TRW355# spring back last fall and sold me a VBP dual mount. I'm very happy. Just too bad I couldn't find him at the Knoxville Corvette Expo (I went today, Sunday) 'cause I wanted to talk about and get a rear sway bar and find out some info on TA's and differentials.

Get notified of new replies

To Dan at Van Steel is the Man!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Dan at Van Steel is the Man!!!!!!