C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more throttle plate holes!!! Demon has done it again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Eric R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more throttle plate holes!!! Demon has done it again!

A common problem with big cams and carbs has always been that rich condition due in part to exposing too much of the transfer slot (Idle screw turned in too far) allowing excess fuel into the manifold (you can turn the mixture screws in with little or no change in RPM). A common fix for this is to drill holes in your throttle plates allowing more air thus allowing the idle screw to be backed out for proper exposure of the transfer slot gaining you control of the mixtue screws.

Well, my friends, this will happen no more... I was told last November that this modification would start shipping with some Demon carbs the first of the year but would not be leaked out unless BG was contacted with complaints of this condition, then they would give you the steps to correct it. It was to be a 1-UP on Holley but I see it is now published on their site. Take a look for yourself, Tough tuning days may be over!

http://www.barrygrant.com/demon/defa...Articleid=Idle

Old 03-26-2004, 11:41 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Re: No more throttle plate holes!!! Demon has done it again! (Eric R)

:thumbs: Now how about a return of the Holley 4010/4011 series! :lol:
Old 03-27-2004, 03:10 AM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the deamons have had me interested for a while, i think ill replace my edle 600 with a deamon 650 when i redo the 350

MAtt
Old 03-27-2004, 10:55 AM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

there is nothing new in the world as the WCFB carb used on a 1955 caddy use a very similar system to set the idle speed. the 4 butterflys are completely closed and the air is added thru a seperate tapered adjustment screw.i believe that some AFBs used this type of system.
A common problem with big cams and carbs has always been that rich condition due in part to exposing too much of the transfer slot (Idle screw turned in too far) allowing excess fuel into the manifold (you can turn the mixture screws in with little or no change in RPM). A common fix for this is to drill holes in your throttle plates allowing more air thus allowing the idle screw to be backed out for proper exposure of the transfer slot gaining you control of the mixtue screws.

Well, my friends, this will happen no more... I was told last November that this modification would start shipping with some Demon carbs the first of the year but would not be leaked out unless BG was contacted with complaints of this condition, then they would give you the steps to correct it. It was to be a 1-UP on Holley but I see it is now published on their site. Take a look for yourself, Tough tuning days may be over!

http://www.barrygrant.com/demon/defa...Articleid=Idle

:chevy

[Modified by clem zahrobsky, 10:59 AM 3/27/2004]
Old 03-27-2004, 02:27 PM
LemansBlue68
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Holley's have always had a screw that can be accessed from the underside of the base plate that can be used to crack the secondaries open if more air at idle is required. This allows the primaries to be closed more to avoid having the primary slots open past the idle holes and into the transfer slots. Do the Demons not have this feature too?
Old 03-27-2004, 02:46 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: No more throttle plate holes!!! Demon has done it again! (LemansBlue68)

you can see that screw in the picture,it looks just like the one on the primary side to adjust the idle speed
Holley's have always had a screw that can be accessed from the underside of the base plate that can be used to crack the secondaries open if more air at idle is required. This allows the primaries to be closed more to avoid having the primary slots open past the idle holes and into the transfer slots. Do the Demons not have this feature too?
Old 03-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Eric R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No more throttle plate holes!!! Demon has done it again! (clem zahrobsky)

you can see that screw in the picture,it looks just like the one on the primary side to adjust the idle

Guys, it's the big one in the middle of the plate. :)
Old 03-28-2004, 06:59 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

he was asking about the secondary butterfly adjustment screw not the idle/air that is located in the middle of the baseplate :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To No more throttle plate holes!!! Demon has done it again!

Quick Reply: No more throttle plate holes!!! Demon has done it again!