C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts after paint - what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 09:31 AM
mayberg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Parts after paint - what to get?

Friends,
OK, went by the paint shop yesterday. Everything is proceeding according to expectation, and we'll probably be painted later this summer.

What are some of the things I need to plan for after paint? For example, weatherstripping is an obvious item, but I'm sure there's others that I'm not thinking about right now - stuff that you wish you were prepared for in the post-paint era of owning your car.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, GM
Old 03-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Parts after paint - what to get? (mayberg)

Lighting Lenses, Emblems, Trim, front grilles, etc.. Take it ALL off and repair/replace as needed.

Your interior will be covered in dust, be prepared to remove the seats and clean like a mad man.

if you are going for a color change Be aware of the pop up headlights, some shops do not paint those "completely" ,(ie the sides and bottoms of the lids),without being told, so if you want them painted remove them and tell them to hit those as well, or you can paint them flat black after the fact.

Again if you are getting a color change, see if the Door Jams are included in the cost, Usually shops charge around $100.00 per jam so be aware.

Anything else I think of I will post.

:cheers:
Old 03-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Parts after paint - what to get? (Madmikeee)

Ahh... Remove the centercaps and trim rings from your wheels if you like them chrome :) Even the tire covers don't stop overspray
Old 03-26-2004, 04:57 PM
1978shark
Racer

My big project (or one of them) is to rebuild inside the doors. New motors, clean the tracks, replace any rollers and generally make the windows work again.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:03 PM
crf311
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts

:iagree: I ended up rechroming the bumpers and getting all new lights and lenses

Get notified of new replies

To Parts after paint - what to get?

Quick Reply: Parts after paint - what to get?