C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Convertible Carpet Replacement Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 08:52 AM
James
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1969 Convertible Carpet Replacement Question

Just curious to know if there is a difference between the carpet kits for a convertible vs a coupe?
I was going to buy a new carpet set from Al Knoch and it looks like they only offer one part number that covers all 68-75 corvettes. Does not mention anything about a different part number for convertibles or coupes.
Also does anyone have any good pics of there rear storage area. I'm just curious to know how the T shaped piece of carpet that covers the floor in the rear look when you lay down the rear floor carpet. Do the flaps on both sides just kind of lay up in there and cover up the hatch springs and does the carpet just come up to the bottom of the Astro Vent housing?
Thanks for any information you might be able to provide.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:09 AM
crf311
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Re: 1969 Convertible Carpet Replacement Question (James)

Just put my carpet in this week. I just pressed the ears of the t to cover the springs. Also I just stopped the carpet right under the astro vent section. I played with it a little trying to get it to make the bends so that it covered right under the vent area, but decided against doing it. Good luck. :cheers:
Old 03-25-2004, 04:48 PM
James
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 1969 Convertible Carpet Replacement Question (crf311)

Anyone with any pics?

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 Convertible Carpet Replacement Question

Quick Reply: 1969 Convertible Carpet Replacement Question