C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

racing head lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 10:34 PM
red79c3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing head lights?

on the c3 racing vettes they would take out the stock flip up lights and mount in round lights with platic covers. i'm triing to find where i can get a pair as i want to install them and i don't like the square head light look. can anyone out there help me out????

thank you in advance, Gordon
Old 03-25-2004, 12:20 AM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: racing head lights? (red79c3)

I would recommend doing a search on the forum. There have been quite a few topics about the same headlights you are looking for. If I remember correctly the lexan covers are quite expensive. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:49 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: racing head lights? (CrossedFlags77)

we sell lexan and i really mean lexan, not plexi at home depot...i'm thinking about purchasing some lexan to make covers and then getting two right lights or just one and putting on each side.....with a 6 way adjustment setup i should be able to align to perfection...
Old 03-25-2004, 03:57 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: racing head lights? (munday)

guldstrand had them, not sure if they still do. If you have trouble getting them,. contact redvetracr, he has many of those race car parts.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Re: racing head lights? (Twin_Turbo)

I know a guy who got the lexan covers and the aluminum buckets from Gulstrand last year. He had to wait forver for them as I think they had to do a special run for him. They were $$$ too since Dick has the guy who made them in 1968 doing the work from the original patterns.

The guy gave me his Gulstrand catalog, so I'll have to check and see if they're in there.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Default Re: racing head lights? (Twin_Turbo)

guldstrand had them, not sure if they still do. If you have trouble getting them,. contact redvetracr, he has many of those race car parts.
I believe redvetracr has a new set for sale. I was looking for information on these too recently for a friend, and redvetracr contacted me with an offer to sell me his. I'm sure you will get a better deal from him than you would on a new set from Guldstrand. :thumbs:

[Modified by Corvette_fetish, 10:45 AM 3/25/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To racing head lights?

Quick Reply: racing head lights?