C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of start selenoid for ZZ4 crate motor???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 10:02 PM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What kind of start selenoid for ZZ4 crate motor???

recently had headers put on and believe my infrequent no start problem is a heat soaked selenoid as suggeste on this forum. So, i was lucky enough to get some very good heat insulator wrapping from th squadron airframes shop (Navy) and want to replace the actual selenoid along with wrapping the darn thing up. y question is rally two fold. First, what type or size starter selenoid does the ZZ4 crate motor use ( part # would be appreciated) and 2nd. How exactly should i wrap up my starter? ( Pictures would be great as i am very stupid) zthanks in advance!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:18 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: What kind of start selenoid for ZZ4 crate motor??? (sharkthehunter77)

the solenoid you need is dependent upon the starter, not the engine. With my ZZ4, I just installed the stock starter and solenoid that was already on my Corvette. They both work fine, even with headers, even in Arizona heat.

Quick Reply: What kind of start selenoid for ZZ4 crate motor???