C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

75 rear bumper question

Old 03-24-2004, 03:47 AM
ACECO
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Default 75 rear bumper question

I know this topic has come up a few times recently, but I have a slight "twist" on the previous questions.

I am getting ready to replace the rear bumper cover on my 75 coupe as it is badly cracked and had lost a couple chunks just before I put it away for the winter. I am thinking of using a 80-82 style with the small spoiler and wanted any opinions of what experiences any of you have had as to what brand you used along with any comments as to mods required, if any, to make this style cover fit properly on a 75. I think I want to go with a flexfit, trueflex, etc flexible fiberglass replacement, but I am open to any suggestions.

TIA to all who reply!

:seeya

Regards...................George

[Modified by ACECO, 4:02 AM 3/24/2004]
Old 03-24-2004, 03:18 PM
ACECO
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Default Re: 75 rear bumper question (ACECO)

Well someone must have performed this "conversion". Any help please?

Old 03-24-2004, 03:35 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

I know that my body shop is installing a flex fit 80-82 rear on the 75. It was their recommendation. We are also going with a new flex fit front in the stock style.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Ron 75 L48
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this topic has come up a few times recently, but I have a slight "twist" on the previous questions.

I am getting ready to replace the rear bumper cover on my 75 coupe as it is badly cracked and had lost a couple chunks just before I put it away for the winter. I am thinking of using a 80-82 style with the small spoiler and wanted any opinions of what experiences any of you have had as to what brand you used along with any comments as to mods required, if any, to make this style cover fit properly on a 75. I think I want to go with a flexfit, trueflex, etc flexible fiberglass replacement, but I am open to any suggestions.

TIA to all who reply!

Regards...................George

[Modified by ACECO, 4:02 AM 3/24/2004]
If you are going to use a flexible fiberglass replacement why not use the '75 replacement? When it comes time to replace mine I want to keep it looking as original as possible even though it sometimes hard to do. This doesn't answer your question but it gets it back up so maybe someone else can answer the question about using the 80-82 bumpers.

Ron

Old 03-24-2004, 08:49 PM
ACECO
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Default Re: 75 rear bumper question (Ron 75 L48)

If you are going to use a flexible fiberglass replacement why not use the '75 replacement? When it comes time to replace mine I want to keep it looking as original as possible even though it sometimes hard to do. This doesn't answer your question but it gets it back up so maybe someone else can answer the question about using the 80-82 bumpers.

Ron
Thanks for your comments Ron. Reason I was considering the 80-82 style was I like the small spoiler that these years have. Besides this, I would just as well go for the 75. However I figure I have to replace the cover either way, so why not add what I like while I'm at it. (assuming it will fit w/o lots of mods)

Old 03-24-2004, 08:51 PM
ACECO
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Default Re: 75 rear bumper question (SteveG75)

I know that my body shop is installing a flex fit 80-82 rear on the 75. It was their recommendation. We are also going with a new flex fit front in the stock style.
Steve,

If you wouldn't mind, could you please inquire with your body shop and see if they indicate that any mods are required. (besides the usual "fitting" that is required with any fiberglass replacement) I'd appreciate it. :yesnod:

Thanks in advance.

Regards....................George

[Modified by ACECO, 8:53 PM 3/24/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To 75 rear bumper question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 75 rear bumper question