C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 seats in C3 guestions once again...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:03 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 seats in C3 guestions once again...

I'm thinking to replace my seats with C4 seats. I remember reading earlier that electric C4 seats are higher than non-electric. Is the difference only in seat tracks? Or is the whole seat higher? Is it possible to put electric C4 seats to C3? And how big job is it to install C4 seats to C3 seat tracks? I think that using C3 seat tracks is the best choise? :cheers:
Old 03-24-2004, 05:11 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Default Re: C4 seats in C3 guestions once again... (FinnShark)

I put seats from an '87 into my '73. Yes, the electric C4 seats sit higher (maybe an inch or so). It's the track and electric mechanicals under the seat that make them sit higher not the actual seat itself. I bought one electric and one manual and just removed the electric mechanism and they were the same height. Howevere, being ~6' tall they still sat too high in the car so I removed the C4 tracks and put on my old C3 tracks. Not abad job but it took a little time. Generally the C4 tracks are welded to the seat frame (there's a little nut that's welded on there) so unless you have a torch it's gonna be a PITA. I just removed the whole seat frame and then took it apart and put it back on then modified my C3 tracks to fit. I ended up having to drill 2 holes per side to fit them in the car but as long as you secure the bolts under the car it is very sturdy.

I did this about a year ago and have had no problems or complaints. I get tons of compliments and the comfort level is greatly increased.

Good luck and feel free to email me if you have any questions you think I can answer.

Dan
Old 03-24-2004, 08:40 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Default Re: C4 seats in C3 guestions once again... (FinnShark)

Thanks Dan! I'm sure I will be asking more details from you if I buy those seats! Good to know that the electric seat itself is not taller than the manual. The seller wants to keep the C4 seat tracks by himself and I have nothing against that. I'm going to modify the C3 tracks to accomodate C4 seats! If you have any pics of that job I'm willing to see them! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To C4 seats in C3 guestions once again...

Quick Reply: C4 seats in C3 guestions once again...