C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(OT) National Corvette Owners Association?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default (OT) National Corvette Owners Association?

I received a letter from the National Corvette Owners Association, or NCOA, soliciting my membership. I know the NCCC and all the local and regional clubs that are accredited by them. I even know the NCRS, but I've never heard of NCOA. Anyone here a member? Good, bad, okay? Wondering whether I missed something, or if there's a reason I've never heard of this association. :confused:

[Modified by Corvette_fetish, 10:33 AM 3/24/2004]
Old 03-23-2004, 05:35 PM
red79c3
Racer

Default Re: (OT) National Corvette Owners Association? (Corvette_fetish)

I had a membershipo there for a yr and it has some good discounts on hotels and stuff like that. the upgrade comes with a free towing package (just like AAA). The normal monthly news letter and that's about it. I wasn't overly impressed, so I didn't renew......
Old 03-23-2004, 06:40 PM
silver77vette
Intermediate

I am a member of the NCOA,have been for over a year. Like their newsletter,haven't used any of their discounts.Can't say much for their shipping dept! They seem more centered around the newer vettes, which doesn't do much for the owners of older vettes. Most likely won't renew my membership.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:37 PM
jlsru
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: (OT) National Corvette Owners Association? (red79c3)

I had a membershipo there for a yr and it has some good discounts on hotels and stuff like that. the upgrade comes with a free towing package (just like AAA). The normal monthly news letter and that's about it. I wasn't overly impressed, so I didn't renew......
:iagree:
Old 03-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

I receive their solicitation all of the time... I wrote to them asking if they can establish a uniform parts "discount" program for members (my business discount was between 20 and 25%) at GM dealerships. They sent me a canned, non-interested arrogant response indicating it would never happen. So now, their mailings go right into the trash when received.

They definitely "dissed me" on that one. Fair is fair.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Vmo
Racer

I'm a member till my dues run out. After that, no more. Not a great value for my money. I did take advantage of the magazine subscription rate that is really good. I renewed everything for as long as I could at the member rate,
but it still falls short of the membership dues. Lots of better places to spend that money. Just my .02 cents.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:08 AM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Re: (OT) National Corvette Owners Association? (Vmo)

It is a sucker deal. Forget it! :skep:
Old 03-24-2004, 12:07 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: (OT) National Corvette Owners Association? (OHSIXX)

:bs

somehow, I sensed this intuitively! :lol: Mailings have always gone straight into the trash! Never had a bad experience with them! :lol:
Old 03-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

I had a feeling this was not a good deal. Their solicitation letter didn't impress me. The benefits were not that significant, and this may even sound strange, but sometimes subtleties jump out at me like the pseudo cross flags logo they use. Just seemed cheesy. The whole thing kinda gave me the impression that the primary motivation behind this was profit more than enthusiasts promoting Corvette ownership and the Corvette community. Nothing actually wrong with that I guess if it is true, and I don't know if that's actually the case or not. Its just that's the impression I got.

Just wanted to see if I was passing on something I might later have found would have been beneficial in some way. I have yet to join any sanctioned Vette clubs, societies or foundations, but if I decide to I think I'd join the NCM, NCCC, or even support the NCRS before this NCOA.

Thanks everyone.

Get notified of new replies

To (OT) National Corvette Owners Association?

Quick Reply: (OT) National Corvette Owners Association?