C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a new hood...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 02:26 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a new hood...

I am in need of a big block/LT-1 style hood for my '69 project. I posted this in the "parts" section too. It doesn't need to be perfect, as I'll have to have it painted anyway, so a little 'glass work is no big deal.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:08 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need a new hood... (Jeff 6T9)

I have a reciprocating saw and some glass cloth, along with epoxy resin. How about we make you a "custom" hood from you existing one?
:jester
Old 03-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Crash80
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Need a new hood... (page62)

We could do it in the parking lot of Hills n' Dales, a collaborative team effort if you will. How is the project coming along anywhow?

Old 03-23-2004, 04:28 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Need a new hood... (CVT4ME)

We could do it in the parking lot of Hills n' Dales, a collaborative team effort if you will. How is the project coming along anywhow?
150,000 comedians on unemployment, and here you guys are just fooling around. nice.

The project has started slowly, but is picking up speed. We pulled the heads off the tired old 350 last night, and aside from quite abit of carbon on the pistons, the bores looked pretty good. I am working on cleaning up and detailing the engine bay and chassis now, and then starting on the engine/transmission, etc.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Need a new hood... (Jeff 6T9)

Hi Jeff . I've got a '69 BB hood that needs some work . I was planning on fixing and selling , but I think it might be just the ticket for you . I'm not far from you (I'm up in Spring Branch---281 north of S.A.) , so shipping would not be a factor . If you want to come up and look at it , e me or im me , and I'll give you my phone # for further discussion/directions/etal . P.

Get notified of new replies

To Need a new hood...

Quick Reply: Need a new hood...