C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp switch and upper rad hose...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 11:32 PM
rexx78
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Temp switch and upper rad hose...

I am putting the temp sensor in the front left hole on my performer manifold adjacent to the thermostat housing. There are no holes in the heads for the switch, otherwise I would put it there.

The upper rad hose will not fit, it hits the temperature sensor. Is there another place to put the temp sensor or what?

No end of problems... :cheers:
Old 03-22-2004, 11:40 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Temp switch and upper rad hose... (rexx78)

The only thing I can think of is to get a swivel t-stat housing and turn it a bit so it won't hit the sending unit. I have the same problem on my ZZ4.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Brown78
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Temp switch and upper rad hose... (rexx78)

I had the same problem :banghead: with my ZZ4. What I did was bend the wire connection 90 degrees to the left side of the engine. Take some heat shrink and put it on the female end and slip it on. There was a little room between the hose and the connection Then I thought about vibration so cut a peace of old hose and put it on the radiator hose zipe tide right over the heat sencor. It's a beautyful thing!!!! :hurray: :seeya Steve

[Modified by Brown78, 11:50 PM 3/23/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Temp switch and upper rad hose...

Quick Reply: Temp switch and upper rad hose...