C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

defroster problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:54 PM
sorcerer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default defroster problems

i have a 77, L-82 corvette and am getting ready for the state vehicle inspection. a friend did a preliminary check and said the defroster doesn't work. i pulled the side counsel panel and checked the movement and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. i'll admit, i thought the process was controlled by cables, but it appears the function is electrical or possibly by vacuum. i turn on the fan and when i move the lever from vent-heat-defrost, the blower continues to push air to the floor, but nothing goes upward. these things are "greek" to me and any input/help would be appreciated. until the inspection is completed, the car sits in the garage and weather here in virginia is starting to turn spring like. :cry
Old 03-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Default Re: defroster problems (sorcerer)

The vents are vacuum operated. There is a vacuum pull off mounted above and to the right of the gas pedal. This allows the doors to open and close.

Also check to see that all of the vacuum hoses are on the controler and none are pinched.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:35 AM
sorcerer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: defroster problems (Corvette ED)

corvette ed,

thanks so very much for the tip regarding the defroster. i thought about vacuum lines, but was unsure. i've got size 14 feet and i place my foot high on the pedal, so it's possible i could have done something to the hoses. i'll be checking this weekend and will keep you posted.

:seeya
Old 03-23-2004, 10:25 AM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: defroster problems (sorcerer)

They actually check your defroster during inspection???? and I thought NJ was bad. :smash:

Get notified of new replies

To defroster problems

Quick Reply: defroster problems