C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another paint post

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another paint post

Just as I turned on the PC to write this I saw OHSIXX's post. :cheers:

Driving home today thinking about when I can get the 68 painted and noticed an older gentleman goosing this next to me.

kind of understated performance to just look at it. not like their AMG SL-600 Convertible :conehead :conehead But when he nailed it he just sort of left me. No squeel no rocking back then shooting forward just sort of effortlessly/ exponential acceleration. Classy if that adjective works. I thought wow! and wow does Mercedes paint a nice black. If I think black I think Mercedes or the Pres. Clinton scandels. But seriously they do a beautiful black and since I love black convertibles, mine's an original blue #978 vert, why not paint it the black I want. I mean there are hundreds of shades of blue or red but black is black, at least to me. So guys give me some tips on black paint codes. What is stock #, what is a outstanding black and obviously what is Mercedes black. Newbie to paint codes.

P.S. I know in the photos my paint looks nice but it's a 12'footer. 73 chips in the front clip alone, but whose counting. :lol:

[Modified by Cali,68,L-79, 8:01 PM 3/18/2004]
Old 03-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Re: Yet another paint post (Cali,68,L-79)

Mark70 has a nice black.

My grandma's acura had a nice black too: Nighthawk Black Pearl. I guess the name of the color just sounds awesome.

Really, I think the best blacks though aren't pearlescent, just plain glossy paint with as wet a look as you can get. Find a good painter, black is supposedly a pain to get right.

-Steve

PS SL600... $$$
Old 03-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yet another paint post (Pacin'California)

PS SL600... $$$
Try starting at $125,999.00 :crazy:

Get notified of new replies

To Yet another paint post

Quick Reply: Yet another paint post