C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any one tried (Buyers Services International) ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:56 PM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default any one tried (Buyers Services International) ??

Hello All,

I live in Qatar, and wanted to buy a vette from US. I saw that site "http://www.buyerservicesinternational.com" and it will work as (agent) between me and the car seller, which they will inspect, negotiate the price, transfer the fund and finally ship the car to me. So I wonder if any of you guys have any experience or heard about it. If they have a good reputation and they are well known there in US I'll go for it, otherwise I'll keep my money safely in my bank account :) .. any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hamad
Old 03-18-2004, 07:45 PM
mike229
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: any one tried (Buyers Services International) ?? (HamadUP)

I am "trying" them as we speak! I'll let ya know how it goes - hopefully my inspection will take place tomorrow or Monday at the latest....
Old 03-18-2004, 08:25 PM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: any one tried (Buyers Services International) ?? (HamadUP)

Thanks Mike!

I'm waiting for your impression about it.

any other help from other guys will be welcomed.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:09 PM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: any one tried (HamadUP)

Mike, any news about the BSI guys?

The other guys in this forum, any one had any expermient with this company? (good or bad)?

Any suggestions on how to make sure that they are "real" before beginning the transactions of transfering the funds? .. I am more than 10K miles away and a risk diffenately will be there!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:01 PM
mike229
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: any one tried (HamadUP)

Hamad, I had the inspection done, and received my report and 36 very good digital shots - mostly of cosmetic flaws.

The report itself was pretty lame as it was simply a checklist, however, they spent some time on the telephone with me, walking through each and every picture, as well as every item on the report.

As far as my personal experience went, I had a very straightforward, easy to deal with, seller, who took just as much time to go over the car on the phone with me so the inspection only served as piece of mind that I already knew what I was buying, flaws and all!

My seller was so forthcoming, that I opted to not use BSI for the financial transaction. I had the seller fax me a copy of the title, and I included the VIN on my bank check as proof that the intent of the payment was for the car.
I fedexed it to him and within 2 days he sent me a tracking number for the signed title and bill of sale which I will have in my hands on Monday (tomorrow)

On Wed. the car is being picked up by DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) - I checked prices and they were less expensive than alot of others, while still having a very good reputation (ebay recommends them too)

I should have the car by April 15 at the latest (PICS WILL BE COMING!!)

At that time I guess I will know if BSI was worth it or not! So far I'd say they were, especially for you being in another country!!!

Mike

For anyone else who remembers my poll/posts....I went with the BIG BLOCK

:D :D

Get notified of new replies

To any one tried (Buyers Services International) ??

Quick Reply: any one tried (Buyers Services International) ??