C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve cover baffle

Old 03-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Valve cover baffle

I bought some filter material to put in the valve cover baffle for the pcv. Well, took the pcv out to take a look and discovered there's no baffle. That might explain my oil consumption situation. Does anyone sell baffles to put in an aluminum valve cover?

Brett :thumbs:
Old 03-18-2004, 09:28 AM
68shark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Valve cover baffle (Brettmc)

Hmmm...without a baffle, or even with a baffle (but a poor one) you'll suck in oil like crazy. I had that problem a few years back as the prior owner to me had put on mid 60's vintage "Corvette" aluminum valve covers and had one drilled for PCV, with a tiny baffle that simply didn't do the job. I now have GM chrome covers with the proper baffles and no oil consumption. Honestly, don't know if you can easily add one or not. You may have to get a different set of covers. :(
Old 03-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Valve cover baffle (68shark)

Aww, heck. I was afraid someone would say that. Surely there's a way to add a baffle. Do those baffled grommets work ok?

Brett :thumbs:
Old 03-18-2004, 09:48 AM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Default Re: Valve cover baffle (Brettmc)

Get a set of original chevy valve covers and chop them up. You can get them cheap of ebay. The more dints the better as you are going to disect them anyway. Or you could go to a junkyard. SHould be ablt to get them for $5 a piece. Crimping them in may be a pain but you should be able to do it if you take your time

Get notified of new replies

To Valve cover baffle

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Valve cover baffle