C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Fubba
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple of Questions

I'm having a problem with my front right tire bouncing between 55 & 65. I took it to the local tire place, and they looked at it and said that the tires were out of round. Well, I put new tires on it and still had a little bounce between 55 & 65. Later on, I replaced all the shocks which helped a good bit. Lately I have noticed that the bouncing has started to come back. Another guy looked at the car and said that it could have something to do with the power steering control valve because the bolt is loose on it. I bought a rebuild kit for it and haven't put it on. I was wondering if anyone could put a finger on the problem or what it might be. My other question concerns some smoke that I've noticed inside my car. I've only noticed it a couple of times. I can't tell where it's coming from, and it's just enough to see it and tell that it's white smoke. If someone might could help me out with this question too, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

:chevy
Old 03-17-2004, 04:23 PM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Couple of Questions (Fubba)

Not sure the rim has been checked and is true? all the ball-joints,bushings,
tie-rods ,wheel bearings are checked and good ??? :confused:
Old 03-17-2004, 04:40 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,597 Likes on 1,330 Posts

I had the exact same thing,found the replacement NAPA ball joints were shot after 18k miles. I started a body off and will be rebuilding the entire car so I won't be on the road for a couple of years. Check front suspension very close and look for weak welds for the lower control arm to crossmember.
Gary
Old 03-17-2004, 05:13 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having a problem with my front right tire bouncing between 55 & 65. I took it to the local tire place, and they looked at it and said that the tires were out of round. Well, I put new tires on it and still had a little bounce between 55 & 65. Later on, I replaced all the shocks which helped a good bit. Lately I have noticed that the bouncing has started to come back.

* I'd check your rims.....if they're steel, you might have a bent wheel.

Another guy looked at the car and said that it could have something to do with the power steering control valve because the bolt is loose on it. I bought a rebuild kit for it and haven't put it on. I was wondering if anyone could put a finger on the problem or what it might be.

* If this is the same part I'm thinking of - the loose bolt is 'normal' and allows the linkage to operate without binding.

My other question concerns some smoke that I've noticed inside my car. I've only noticed it a couple of times. I can't tell where it's coming from, and it's just enough to see it and tell that it's white smoke. If someone might could help me out with this question too, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

* White smoke outside the car usually means 'water' leaking from the engine like a blown head gasket or a freeze plug. Inside I'm more inclined to think that it's an electrical short - is there a funny 'smell' when this happens ?!?

[Modified by verskel, 4:14 PM 3/17/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Couple of Questions

Quick Reply: Couple of Questions