C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The parking break project

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Jmccreary
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The parking break project

Well I have been getting a squeeking noise from the back of the car. Decided that I better take a look at the parking brakes. I really think it is from the parking brakes and not the rear bearing. (I hope) Drilled the rivits and got the rotors off. Found that the top spring on the passengers side was broken and the brakes were rubbing inside the drum. It must be the source of the noise. I took the rotors in yesterday to get them turned. There was not enough left to turn so I got a set of new ones for $18 a piece. I could not beleive how inexpensive they were. Got the Stainless hardware kit from Vette Brakes today in the mail, so I am going to start the painful process of install tonight. Got my floss ready to go. I am hoping it goes better that what some members have experienced. Wish me luck.

Old 03-17-2004, 04:25 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: The parking break project (Jmccreary)

Took me maybe 4 or 5 hours to do the job. After the first side is done, the second one is a breeze. You learn all the tricks, things that work and dont. Just have some patience. Buying the special screwdriver makes things easier. I made my own though out of a scrap screwdriver. Where in the world did you get rotors for 18 dollars each?! That seems really cheap

[Modified by lostpatrolman, 3:25 PM 3/17/2004]
Old 03-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Jmccreary
Advanced

Default Re: The parking break project (lostpatrolman)

Got the Rotors at Als Automotive in Cahokia IL. I think they are a NAPA store. I was shocked at the price. I though he was looking at the wrong part to I ask to see them. He brought them to the counter and they were the correct rotors. Funny thing is they wanted $80 for a set of pads. Go figure.

J

Get notified of new replies

To The parking break project

Quick Reply: The parking break project