C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proper fit of dash panels (upper, lower, and center)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 12:59 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Proper fit of dash panels (upper, lower, and center)

I replaced the dash in my 76 with all new parts from corvette central. However, it seems that fit is not quite right. It seems that when the lower panels and the center cluster is installed the unit as a whole is to wide. The lips on the out side edges of the dash panels are easily 1" away from mounting tabs. Also, the top of the lower dash sticks out from the bottom of the upper dash. What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:24 PM
tom102
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Proper fit of dash panels (BigBadOrange)

It sounds like the center cluster is not in far enough, perhaps an air duct that runs back there has fallen down and preventing the cluster from being mounted in the proper position. The rear of the radio on a 76 is right up against some of the ducting so perhaps if the ducting is out of place you might have an interferance problem there also. Thats what it sounds like to me especially when you said the lower dash panels do not fit under the upper dash as they should. About the overall width I have no idea other than the panels curve in slighlty and if the center gauge bezel is not in far enough then the panel curvature would be off holding the panels straighter and become wider. also chec that you have the airducts that go to the vent ***** on the lower dash panels in their proper place .I hope this helps somewhat.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:27 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Proper fit of dash panels (tom102)

I would have never thought of that! Thanks! :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To Proper fit of dash panels (upper, lower, and center)

Quick Reply: Proper fit of dash panels (upper, lower, and center)