C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum pulleys for my BB.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:02 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Aluminum pulleys for my BB.

The show is in Myrtle beach this weekend and they usually have a good swap meet. I wanted to pick up a billet tioming cover and W\P\Crank pulley's. Most of these vendors carry the Zoops brand. Is there any mystery as to what pullys I need? I figure I need a single groove short W\P pully and a double groove crank pulley. The only accesories I will have are the P\S pump and Alt. No A\C. Can anybody offer input or advice?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Jim Stewart
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Aluminum pulleys for my BB. (BlackRat)

Measure the pulley diameter to make sure that the pulleys give you the same ratios as before unless you want your accessories to turn faster or slower.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:41 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Default Re: Aluminum pulleys for my BB. (Jim Stewart)

Thanks Jim but I don't know what the diameters should be. :confused: My car was origionally an sb and the BB that I am putting together was bought in pieces. So I have never had pulleys. Do you or anyone else know what size I need?

Thanks
Wade
Old 03-16-2004, 08:51 AM
surfolly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Aluminum pulleys for my BB. (BlackRat)

I know you mentioned looking for these items at a swap meet, but just FYI if this helps... Concept One in Georgia sells a big block for Corvette kit (w/o AC as well as with A/C) that includes brackets, pulleys, aluminum water pump, and P/S pump. The package will run about $900 to $1000. You can find them on the internet. The guy I spoke to on the phone was very friendly and helpful. It's not that bad of a price when you consider it's the whole shebang to get you going from a small block conversion.

By the way, when and where is the Myrtle Beach swap meet? Is it a big one? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:42 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Default Re: Aluminum pulleys for my BB. (surfolly)

It is this weekend. See my Run To The Sun post. Shouldn't be that far down the topic list. thanks for the info. Are these aluminum pulleys? I mentioned swap meet but plan on buing the pulleys new from one of the vendors that has aluminum BB pulleys like Zoops.

Thanks
Wade

Get notified of new replies

To Aluminum pulleys for my BB.

Quick Reply: Aluminum pulleys for my BB.