C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

okay...carb affecianados...tell me if i'm on the right track...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 12:43 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default okay...carb affecianados...tell me if i'm on the right track...

okay like I said in a previous post...I am going through my carb. I went back to the jets that the demon 650 mechanical came with. a 70 in primary and 78 in the secondaries. Now on the part where Lar's talks about the transition slots I got the opening to .020 using my feeler guage. It says on the feeler gauge .020 and under that .508 mm
Hopefully thats what it's supposed to be. I notice that there may be a small small difference in the side to side transition slots opening.
Now the idle mixture screws...those are the 2 screws in each metering block correct?

I think I have it all down... do I have enough room for a phenolic spacer on a performer RPM with a demon 650 and a moroso 3inch drop base???? Or just go for the aluminum heat shield?????
Old 03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: okay...carb affecianados...tell me if i'm on the right track... (munday)

also the two vacuum nipples....do either of them have enough vacuum to operate my headlights? cuz they aren't hooked up....
Old 03-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Graemeinvette
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: okay...carb affecianados...tell me if i'm on the right track... (munday)

The 20 on the feeler guage is thousands of an inch and thats what Lars uses. 20thou of an inch equals .508mm. The idle screws are the knurled screws 2 on each side of the carb. Cant help with the phenolic space, I'm afraid.

G :cheers:
Old 03-16-2004, 06:45 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: okay...carb affecianados...tell me if i'm on the right track... (Graemeinvette)

okay got the carb jetted and put it back together... I have the 20thousands that are shown to be needed and lightly tightened the idle screws and backed of one full turn. I also made a heat shield from zinc/aluminum combo sheet. It's not as pretty as lars but imade it fairly nice. I test fitted and found a few adjustment cuts I need to make on it, but other than that I should be able to start in the next day or two.

Get notified of new replies

To okay...carb affecianados...tell me if i'm on the right track...

Quick Reply: okay...carb affecianados...tell me if i'm on the right track...