C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Does anyone have a complete left sport mirror they don't need?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 09:00 PM
73STNGR
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!! Does anyone have a complete left sport mirror they don't need?

I am looking to put a set of the sport mirrors on my '73 convertible. I have the right one and DESPERATELY need a left one. Does anyone have or know where I can get one. Manual or Remote does not matter. Just as long as it is in great shape with good glass. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: HELP!! Does anyone have a complete left sport mirror they don't need? (73STNGR)

I have been thinking of doing this same thing with mine. Good luck in your conversion. I think it will look good. :thumbs:
Old 03-16-2004, 12:05 AM
USA SHARK
Racer

Default Re: HELP!! Does anyone have a complete left sport mirror they don't need? (Eddie 70)

I bought a left (with remote) and right sport mirror set to re-do my 77 which currently has the standard chrome on the drivers side only. Paid $60 for the pair on ebay and they are in very good condition, just need to be repainted when the car is done (some time in the distant future!)
Old 03-16-2004, 12:06 AM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: HELP!! Does anyone have a complete left sport mirror they don't need? (Eddie 70)

Any vette recycler should have a mirror to sell. My father in law has a pair he may not use. I will ask if he wants to sell.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:01 AM
442olds
Pro

Default Re: HELP!! Does anyone have a complete left sport mirror they don't need? (LAvetteman)

Hit the boneyards man. The sport mirrors are nothing special, or specific to the vette. There are two different versions of the sport mirror. A short pedetal and a long. You need the long version. To give you an idea, G-bodies (monte cutlass regal) use the short, A bodies (like the delta 88 caprice) use the long pedestal. The only thing you'll need to purchase is the plastic gasket that goes between the pedestal and the door, this is where they got away with using the same mirror on just about every car GM made. They run about $10 apiece in the junkyard, mirrors labled corvette specific can run between $100 to $200 and I bet you can find one in better shape if you look hard enough in the junkyard.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!! Does anyone have a complete left sport mirror they don't need?

Quick Reply: HELP!! Does anyone have a complete left sport mirror they don't need?