C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Electric Fan install

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Crusher75060
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Electric Fan install

I'm looking to install an electric fan and do away with the clutch fan all together.
Flex-a-lite has a nice Syclone fan, but I'm looking for more information about that kind of stuff. Here in the summer Texas weather, I want to make sure I have enough air blasting through to keep things cool while I run the A/C and maybe get stuck in traffic.
SO can one of these 2400 CFM fans manage all that?

Crusher
Old 03-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: C3 Electric Fan install (Crusher75060)

I'd suggest going with Dual Spal 11" Fans from DeWitts. Tom DeWitt is a supporting vendor and he was recently offering a group purchase discount on his fans and radiators, you might contact him and see it it is still on.
The Spals as far as I know or the only aftermarket fans that will handle the heat and minimum natural air flow that makes it through the front of a C3's grill. Especially since you have to use the front license plate in Texas!
I have them in my car and they work great!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:08 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: C3 Electric Fan install (Smokehouse69)

Dual C4 fans are also a great swap.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: C3 Electric Fan install (Crusher75060)

Have had good results thus far with Flex-a-Lite dual 12"ers with a sb putting about 375 hp. Bet if I sealed the rad to the support and the support to the hood they would work even better.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:53 AM
phungus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C3 Electric Fan install (Fevre)

I'm going with a Summit aluminum radiator (from a company called Northern, but sold under Summit name) and we're going to try and find a Ford Crown Victoria 18inch fan from a junkyard. Apparently they will move a ton of air through.

Somewhere around $300-$350 for the entire setup, we'll see how it goes. Just couldn't justify the $900 outlay for Dewitt's setup right now.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: C3 Electric Fan install (phungus)

You will like to Summit rad, not a direct fit for those using the stock shroud and fan but a good deal for those using elec fans. One thing you will need is a over flow pipe/nipple, the rad neck is tapped for it but mine did not come with one. I have a brass pipe in there now but am getting some corrosion and I think it is from the mixing of metals.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Electric Fan install

Quick Reply: C3 Electric Fan install