C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need infomation on the diiferences between the '68 and '69 Corvette.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 10:36 PM
vettedan
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need infomation on the diiferences between the '68 and '69 Corvette.

Found a good deal on a '68 Vette, but it’s missing some parts. I have heard that the '68 model year have some unique parts. I know about the doors and ignition sw, but how about the head light assembly? Any other information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 03-14-2004, 11:22 PM
snaketr
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need infomation on the diiferences between the '68 and '69 Corvette. (vettedan)

There really is a bunch, but most of the 69 parts will work.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:22 PM
WESCH
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Need infomation on the diiferences between the '68 and '69 Corvette. (vettedan)

Hi

Door lock, ignition switch, windshield upper corner moldings, frame slightly different, mainly at the rear kickup gussets , frame front extensions, i think ,seat back release handle , radio ***** , front wheel spindles , big block radiator has no expansion tank on 68 , headlights have no warning switch , headlight/wiper door override switches are in slightly different location, wiper door actuator is cylindric type with thin rod end , wheels are 7 inch , hardtop has no center post and no stainless tips , parking brake console , pax dash has no paperwork pouches , brake and turn signal back lamps are all red , Muncie gearbox shifter linkage is different , shifter has chrome ****, 69 and up has black chrome **** , door inside pull handle , and probably many more little items.
If your not into NCRS originality , most unique 68 parts can be replaced by 69 parts.

Good luck. Gunther
Old 03-15-2004, 02:19 AM
vettedan
Drifting

Default Re: Need infomation on the diiferences between the '68 and '69 Corvette. (WESCH)

Hi

If your not into NCRS originality , most unique 68 parts can be replaced by 69 parts.

Good luck. Gunther
That is what I was hoping. I plan on puting in a C5 or C6 power plant with a 6 sp. We might deside to design a Shark Bar for roadsters.
Thanks for the info,
Dan
Old 03-15-2004, 04:54 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Found a good deal on a '68 Vette, but it’s missing some parts. I have heard that the '68 model year have some unique parts. I know about the doors and ignition sw, but how about the head light assembly? Any other information would be appreciated.

Best documented source is Rick Bizzoco's 1969 Stingray Guidebook. Differentiates the 69 from the 68 with great detail and specificity.

[Modified by hunt4cleanair, 4:55 AM 3/15/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Need infomation on the diiferences between the '68 and '69 Corvette.

Quick Reply: Need infomation on the diiferences between the '68 and '69 Corvette.