C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach next weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:57 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach next weekend.

Hey guys just wanted to let ya'll know about the annual RTS show in Myrtle Beach SC next weekend. I have taken the family there the last 5 years. It is a real good show and swap meet. the admission is free. At night a lot of the cars cruise the Grand strand. Well worth the trip if you have the winter blues and suffering hot rod withdrawl :thumbs:
Old 03-14-2004, 10:07 AM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach next weekend. (BlackRat)

I would like nothing better than to throw the family in the Vettes and run down there. I would love to see some sun and some cool cars.

But I don't think it's going to happen :nonod: :sad:
Old 03-14-2004, 10:46 PM
StylemasterZ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Black Rat !!! I am in Greenville, and have never been to the Myrtle BEach show. But I understand it is great. Since I just got my '74 (me first Vette) it won't be ready for this years run. Maybe I'll see you there next year.

Do you ever come to Greenville? I'd love to see your ride.

Later.. :chevy
Old 03-14-2004, 11:36 PM
feb18blacksunday
Race Director

Location: Boone NC home of 3peat National Champs ASU Mountaineers
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach next weekend. (StylemasterZ)

I went last year and it was great. :thumbs:
Old 03-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Tom T
Burning Brakes

What's teh RTS show?

My Mom lives in the area (Pawley's Island) but I'm stuck in NJ and didn't know about this. Where in MB is it held?

thanks....
Old 03-15-2004, 07:53 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Default Re: Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach next weekend. (StylemasterZ)

Do you ever come to Greenville? I'd love to see your ride.
Mine is still a work in progress and not drivable yet. I hope to have it ready to take to next years show. Definately look forward to seeing some other forum members there. :cheers:

Tom,

RTS is Run to the Sun. I am not sure what group actually puts the show on but it is a regional event held at Wachamaw Pottery outlet. the proceeds from T-shirt sells and rafaels go to charity. A buddy of mine is onje of the organizers and told me that this will be the last year at Wacamaw because they are tearing it down. Next years site has not been decided on but may be either the now closed MB Air Force base or Broadway at the beach. It is a lot of fun and the wife just told me last night that it is spring break this week. :D So between the cars and the women there should be plenty to look at. :D Course it will be easier to look at the cars than the women with the wife around :smash: :crazy: :lol:

Come down if you can I am sure you will enjoy it.

Wade :seeya
Old 03-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Robert8096
Instructor

Humm wife working all weekend. Me and the boy just may take a cruise up there. Its only an 1-2 hour drive for me. Since we missed the poker run last weekend.

Soooo paint the house or cruise to MB. Hell the house will be there when I get back. :reddevil
Old 03-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Tom T
Burning Brakes

thanks for the explanation & the update BlackRat... I would love to go, but too much going on here in NJ for me right now.

The places you mentioned all bring back memories for me incl. the closed Air Force Base. Can't believe the Waccm. Pottery is closing.. Are you sure?
Broadway at the Beach I love and there's a great BrewPub there called The Liberty. What a place... good food & great beer and Happy Hours. Also love going in the summer to see baseball across the street from "Broadway" where the MB Pelicans (Single A) play. It's amazing, all the things to do down there.

I remember when MB was a sleepy, local sea-side resort back in the 1970's with only about 20 golf courses.... amazing growth! (& traffic now)

enjoy.........!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:47 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Default Re: Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach next weekend. (Tom T)

Can't believe the Waccm. Pottery is closing.. Are you sure?

I remember when MB was a sleepy, local sea-side resort back in the 1970's with only about 20 golf courses.... amazing growth! (& traffic now)

enjoy.........!
Yep, I think that the road project really killed there buisness. it seems like they have been working on it for 10 years. Last year all the shops were closed except for the main one. Last I heard is a new style outlet with more hotels. Wouldn't doubt if they put another Golf course up. Like they need another. :crazy:

Yep I remember when it was only busy about 4 months out of the year. Now it is a year round resort. Even Christmas can be really busy. The only bad thing about the place is the traffic and they have done a lot to improve that. Sorry you can't make it. Maybe next year.

Cya
Wade :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach next weekend.

Quick Reply: Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach next weekend.