C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How common is a non-standard interior color?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:25 AM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How common is a non-standard interior color?

I just glanced through my black book on a whim and found that dark saddle wasn't an offered interior color with Mettalic Yellow, only black and midnight blue were :confused:, mine is a very low mileage (57K bought it with 47k) car that could have been a survivor candidate since it was very unmolested except for a repaint in the original color after it was hit before I purchased it. If I remember correctly back to my detailing days back in college I seem to recall doing an 86 corvette in dark red mettalic with a red interior, which wasn't a standard interior color either. So is this common to run across or a pretty rare thing :confused:

Thanks
:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 03-14-2004, 10:02 AM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: How common is a non-standard interior color? (73 LS-4)

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Do people change the colors of their interiors to non standard? Yes. All the time.

Have cars come from the factory with special order interiors (atypical colors)? I would say "not anymore." But in the past, i.e. the year of car we're talking about, I would think it's possible. Does your trim tag jive with the colors of your car? Does it list the dark saddle with metallic yellow?

If so, I'd say this is somewhat rare.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:17 AM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Default Re: How common is a non-standard interior color? (joeveto)

Thanks joeveto for your reply, I was referring to special ordered interior colors. I'll have to recheck my trim tag this afternoon but I'm almost certain this interior is all original except for the few parts that I changed or repaired and I know the paint code is 953. Will the interior color code be stamped next to the paint code somewhere? or do I have to look for it on another stamp somewhere. Been a while since I looked at it. I'll get back with you on what I find.

Thanks
Pat Kunz
Old 03-14-2004, 10:33 AM
mstanton
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My understanding is that the ext/int color combinations that were offered were suggestions only. You could order what ever color combos that you wanted. Chevrolet could say no if they thought that the combo was in bad taste, but a yellow/ dark saddle sounds pretty good to me. Check your trim tag. If the colors are right I would think that it was unusual but I don't know how much so. Also, if you have the build sheet, I think that it would be marked COPO in the upper right corner for special order.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:29 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

I checked my numbers and it was 953 and 422 so the colors are corrrect for the car. :D

Pat Kunz
Old 03-15-2004, 12:11 AM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I changed mine from neutral to med saddle. My car was originally red exterior, neutral interior and I think the original carpet was reddish purple loop; very 70's.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Bohot
Pro

Quote "saddle wasn't an offered interior color with Mettalic Yellow, only black and midnight blue were "

I've noticed this too (my combo was med. saddle/metallic yellow), and I think the book has a misprint...

Get notified of new replies

To How common is a non-standard interior color?

Quick Reply: How common is a non-standard interior color?