C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCRS driveline magazine looking for hard to find parts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 10:43 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Default NCRS driveline magazine looking for hard to find parts.

Anybode ever use the NCRS driveline magazine to find extra hard to find parts? Seeems like there's a lot of parts in there. :yesnod:
Old 03-13-2004, 11:48 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: NCRS driveline magazine looking for hard to find parts. (killain)

Yes, only problem is by the time you get the mag the part is already sold. :rolleyes:
Old 03-14-2004, 03:09 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Re: NCRS driveline magazine looking for hard to find parts. (gq82)

It's delivered bulk mail, so there is differential delivery to various parts of the country. By the time you get the magazine, many/most of the good deals are gone.

My next door neighbor is an NCRS member. Sometimes he gets his Driveline 3-4 days before or after me. Members who live closer to the mailing point get it quickly, others get it 2-3 weeks later. NCRS won't put the Driveline "online", nor will they increase their dues to pay for "first class" mail. It's been a problem for DECADES. Check the archives on the NCRS Board. :) That being said, there are TONS of rare original parts listed. Chuck
Old 03-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

I am an NCRS member and receive the Driveline. It is great for parts but the speciality advertizers (clocks, speedos, etc) are a resource as well. They are small shops and not known nationally but they have a lot of expertise.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:09 AM
R1234
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I purchased a set of 68 7" inch ralley wheels and a 68 jack with lug wrench. I also sent the money for a 68 NOS big block hood with latches but when the fellow discovered how much shipping charges would be from Wisconson, I declined and he refunded my money.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:16 AM
1FUNVET
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NCRS driveline magazine looking for hard to find parts. (gq82)

Yes, only problem is by the time you get the mag the part is already sold. :rolleyes:
:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
you guys are so funny!
Old 03-14-2004, 12:02 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: NCRS driveline magazine looking for hard to find parts. (Chuck Gongloff)

NCRS won't put the Driveline "online", nor will they increase their dues to pay for "first class" mail. It's been a problem for DECADES. Chuck
Yep, about 3 years ago I was on a committee that did a feasibility study putting the classifieds on line...we had every base covered, advertising costs, wheather or not to charge advertising...our recommendations were presented to the board and the board shot it down. That was a total waste of nine months. Better put, the board was ignorant to the wishes of the membership. To be fair, the board's concern was that members without on line access would be at a disadvantage...our counter was every library provides on line access, but that fell on deaf ears.

[Modified by GDaina, 12:05 PM 3/14/2004]
Old 03-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

An under used section of the Driveline is the 'parts wanted' section. I just list what I'm looking for, with my email address and stand back. It doesn't matter how long it takes for the magazine to get here, my inbox is already overflowing with offers to sell me what I want.

Since this is using the concept of the magazine 'backwards', I suggested that it be re-named 'Enilevird'. The BOD filed my suggestion right next to Georgies' on-line study. :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To NCRS driveline magazine looking for hard to find parts.

Quick Reply: NCRS driveline magazine looking for hard to find parts.