C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need pics of electric vacuum pump setups.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pics of electric vacuum pump setups.......

I bought an electric vacuum pump setup for my '77 and was wondering where a good place to mount it would be. It has to be somewhere near the brake booster. Anyone have any suggestions or pics :confused:
Old 03-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Eric R
Instructor

Default Re: Need pics of electric vacuum pump setups....... (Ryan77)

While I thought I was going to need one, I wound up not. What setup are you running that would prompt this? I was going to try and mount mine in the area below the booster, in behind the fender on my '81 by making a bracket welded to the frame.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Default Re: Need pics of electric vacuum pump setups....... (Eric R)

Although I cen't remember the exact specs off the top of my head, my new 383 has a cam with an advertised 280*+ duration and is around .550 lift with 1.6 rockers. The guys that built the motor said it gives about 13" of vacuum if I remember correctly. And, again if I remember correctly, I was told that to work properly and to it's full potential, the brake booster requires 16+" of vacuum, and this pump gives 18+ at all times. I got a great deal on the pump too, it's from MPbrakes and it sells for about $450 new, I got it brand new never used from a forum member for $200 shipped to my door :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Need pics of electric vacuum pump setups.......

Quick Reply: Need pics of electric vacuum pump setups.......