C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those with dual mount VBP rear spring

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:56 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Question for those with dual mount VBP rear spring

Last weekend I gave my suspension its first real test, running the Dragon in NC. I'm running dual mount spring, second to the softest setting, in the rear with 460's up front. I have a 1.125 front stab bar and no bar in the rear. The car seems to lean more in the rear than the front. I'm kind of lost concerning the best method to correct lean and improve handling. I'm thinking maybe changing to 550's in the front to lower it and adding a rear stab bar to correct lean. All questions and opinions are welcome. :flag

[Modified by 74 vert, 3:58 PM 3/13/2004]
Old 03-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Jack71
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question for those with dual mount VBP rear spring (74 vert)

I always thought that the spring had minimal impact on sway & it is the sway bars job to keep the vehicle level. I've been thinking about that dual mount spring too, so I'm anxious to see the replies here...
Old 03-14-2004, 11:59 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Question for those with dual mount VBP rear spring (Jack71)

:lurk:
Old 03-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Question for those with dual mount VBP rear spring (74 vert)

I've got the same rear spring but the single, transverse VBP spring up front and no rear sway bar. I've heard adding the rear torsion bar is the way to reduce roll, but may make the rear tend to skid easier (oversteer). I've also got mine in the same settings as yours, but don't want to tighten up the spring rate on the street. (Our roads are much worse than your luxouriously smooth roads down south).
What does VBP say? They probably get quite a bit of feedback. I guess I'm as curious as you are...
Old 03-15-2004, 03:04 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Question for those with dual mount VBP rear spring (Z-man)

When I bought my car in '95, it was totally stock, and needing everything mechanical, so the mods/rebuilding began....

among other changes was ~460 lbs front springs and a single plastic VBP rear spring, with 4 KYB shocks, recomended at the time....
I also had 1.25 front and 3/4 rear bars.....

thing rode like a tank, the simplest change was to take off the rear bar, and revert back to the stock 7/8?? front bar....car rode MUCH smoother, if I had the stock softer front springs, I would use them too, the roads down here in Jax Fl. are not the best quite frankly and I get tired of all the vibrations...

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To Question for those with dual mount VBP rear spring

Quick Reply: Question for those with dual mount VBP rear spring