C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power door lock help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 03:53 PM
tomj1404
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power door lock help

My power door locks didn't work, so I replaced the harness and switch on both sides. Now the drivers side switch locks and unlocks the drivers side only, and the passenger side switch blows a fuse. I think I'm gonna pull the dash, so does anyone have any tips or advice?

Also, in the passenger side door, there are these four green wires, two of them go into a plug that isn't plugged into anything and the other two don't go anywhere

[Modified by tomj1404, 8:55 PM 3/13/2004]
Old 03-13-2004, 08:56 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: Power door lock help (tomj1404)

Also, in the passenger side door, there are these four green wires, two of them go into a plug that isn't plugged into anything and the other two don't go anywhere .....
Sport Mirrors? Anti-Theft Control Switch?

Wires to the door lock should be Gray and Tan. Wires to the Power Window Motor should be light blue and tan.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Power door lock help (tomj1404)

I've been working on installing power door lock actuators lately. Never seen green wires inside the door. Check colors against your wiring schematic. Someone could have replaced original wires in the past. While wiring my locks, I must have had a wire touching metal thus creating a short because I blew the fuse and almost melted my tach circuit board....thing started smoking. My first thought is before you pull the dash check wiring for torn or missing insulation. Are the green wires that are not connected covered at the ends so they can't touch anything?

Get notified of new replies

To Power door lock help

Quick Reply: Power door lock help