C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery and amperage.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Battery and amperage.

Have been tracking down a problem with my formula and finally figured out why the pump was not coming in, blown fuse, took me forever to figure out why the darn fuse was at under the hood. :rolleyes Now I don't seem to be getting any spark from the coil but when I test the lead I see 12v. Now when I hook my battery charger to the battery and have it on quick charge at 10 amps the meter was reading at almost dead but if I put it on slow charge 2 amps it is at almost 75%. Been charging it for a few hours and it at 50% at 10 amp charge, my questions are why does it read like that if I am getting 12v at the battery and would this cause it not to fire the coi?. BTW I tested the coil lead and saw the volts drop to just under 8 while cranking and this is EFI system.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2004, 04:29 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Battery and amperage. (Fevre)

Chris, batteries can be funny business, try a good battery you know has no problems and see if the car runs OK :D
Old 03-13-2004, 04:37 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Default Re: Battery and amperage. (Fevre)

if the battery has enough oomph to turn the engine over it will have enought to fire the coil. You have a bad coil or connection to the coil.

with a corroded connection you could read 12+ volts, but as soon as the connection is loaded the corrosion acts as a resistance and will cause significant voltage drop.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery and amperage.

Quick Reply: Battery and amperage.