C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trailing arms/body bolts update

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Bill Oxley
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailing arms/body bolts update

thx Dave, NHvette, and all others that responded.

Well, I have the #4's all done now, or at least the bolts are out, and I know you all said the #1's are easy.

Maybe not in this case. You were exactly right, both #1's broke in half with the first twisht, so that seems easy. But now I can't get frame mounts to separate from body mounts.

There's probably an easy solution to this, but I think I need to step back for a day or two. Bolts broke off, snaped just like you anticipated, seemed like no problem, but then the body to frame mount surfaces seem like they are "welded" together.

For this I need a fix. Not sure how just now, but I WILL CONQUER!

Or at least I hope so! :confused:
Old 03-12-2004, 08:08 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Re: trailing arms/body bolts update (Bill Oxley)

I had the same thing happen. I used a air hammer until they came loose. Took a little work but it seems the bolt shaft is the problem. The shafts are rusted in side the mounts.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Bill Oxley
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: trailing arms/body bolts update (redwingvette)

Brain, you've been a leader on this subject, and we all thank you for that. But in this case, the bolts are free, but the frame and body brackets seem to be "fused". I really don't think this will be a big problem, once I regroup, and get back into the "attack" mode. Man, needed a brake after today!

What is frustrating, is everything else went so well, I was thinking, "this is a piece of cake". Well, not so, so now I have a minor problem (I hope it's minor), but I'll get it!!!!!

Thanks for the support.

T/A's from Van Steel look outstanding, will post a couple of pics tommorrow, I'm really impressed. (Thanks Dan)

Get notified of new replies

To trailing arms/body bolts update

Quick Reply: trailing arms/body bolts update