C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BB Hooker sidmount owners: What Plug wires are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default BB Hooker sidmount owners: What Plug wires are you running?

I am currently useing a set of my dad's (Taylor 9mm w/ 90degree boots). The wires rubb on the header flange so I'm guessing I need 45degree boots. So what wires and what degree boots are you useing?

These are the wires I want, but they only offer them in 90 degree and straight. :sad:
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...84&prmenbr=361

Can Withstand Up to 2000°F!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:19 PM
MEAN72
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: BB Hooker sidmount owners: What Plug wires are you running? (Corey 68)

:nopity I have run all kinds of wires and both 90 and straigt boots on my 72 BB with headers. They all burn and short out the #3 cylinder and others if I am not careful. :smash: :smash:

I just bought a set of the Jacob ceramic boot wires that you are looking at and THEY DO NOT FIT. They are packaged funny. You get four wires with the spark plug ceramic boots installed at each end. The idea is you cut them in two to the proper length and install the distributor terminal. The problem is the wires are not long enough, they are only 62 inches long, tip to tip. You have to allow 1 inch for the distributor terminal. My approximate wire lengths are 40, 35,33 and 28 inches on each side of the engine. I need four more wires to do the job right. I could get by with two more if I am lucky. Go figure.

I haven't cut the wires yet. I bought them from JEGS but am talking to Jacobs trying to figure out a remedy. It seems that Jacobs doesn't make a set to fit our cars with the BB. They are too expensive to buy two sets. My wife would kill me. The ceramic boots do look super to prevent burning of the boot. I really want to install these wires but haven't figured out a path forward yet. Good luck :mad :rant: :rant: :rant:
Old 03-12-2004, 06:34 PM
MEAN72
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: BB Hooker sidmount owners: What Plug wires are you running? (Corey 68)

:) Jacobs Electronics is going to send me two morre wires to compensate for the wire set I bought not fitting my BB. :thumbs: I installed the wires I do have in my set to six of the cylinders today. I had to ignore the "leave an inch" instruction in order to make them all fit. I'll complete the installatiion when I get the other two wires from Jacobs. I don't like the distributor end connection of the wires which essentialy is a glued connection. I am skeptical if that end will hold up. The spark plug end boot is also glued to the wire. One did come loose for me but it does not have the same consequence. The wire should work fine to stop the burn wire problem. THAT IS GOOD! :hurray: :hurray:

Get notified of new replies

To BB Hooker sidmount owners: What Plug wires are you running?

Quick Reply: BB Hooker sidmount owners: What Plug wires are you running?