C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Semi OT - Vette magazine ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 10:16 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Semi OT - Vette magazine ?

What do you-all think of 'Vette' magazine ?
My son's magazine drive had it available, so I subscribed -
just wondering if it's one of the mags that has 'fallen off' lately.

Thanks - Dave
:seeya
Old 03-10-2004, 11:51 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Semi OT - Vette magazine ? (NHvette)

Some of the issues are better than others. The issue I just received the other day was pretty lame IMHO. Overall I am usually just happy to recieve it though. What can I say :skep: Makes for good reading with a beer in hand.

I get way more from the forum Id say.

I currently have Vette, Corvette Enthusiast, Car Craft, and Automobile for my automotive feasting.

Brent...
Old 03-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Semi OT - Vette magazine ? (NHvette)

What do you-all think of 'Vette' magazine ?
My son's magazine drive had it available, so I subscribed -
just wondering if it's one of the mags that has 'fallen off' lately.
My young cousin too had this available in her magazine drive, so my aunt got me a subscription for my birthday. So far after four issues my feelings are mixed. I see too many customized body mod Vettes within those pages for my taste. Mechanical mods to improve the cars performance are just fine with me, but when you start seriously tampering with the car's fundamental styling with customized cosmetics, the car stops looking like a Vette and starts looking like something else. I have little appreciation for jive like this, and "Vette" so far seems to have a lot of it. Sorry, articles featuring C3s with the transplanted tail lights off of an '83 Buick just looks silly to me. Ironically, in their '04 price guide under the "understanding this guide" section it in part states "this guide does not price highly modified or customized Corvettes". Funny considering most of the Vettes I see in "Vette" fall under that category.

I will admit that I have read some good articles in there though, so the mag is is not horrible. Just overall not to my taste. It was fine as a gift because I would have never subscribed to it on my own. I personally like 'Corvette Magazine" far more.

Get notified of new replies

To Semi OT - Vette magazine ?

Quick Reply: Semi OT - Vette magazine ?