C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is in the shop, engine goes in today. Parts for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 02:48 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 529 Likes on 357 Posts

Default Car is in the shop, engine goes in today. Parts for sale.

Well, after the debacle with the wiped cam, the finance manager (wife) and I decided to stop screwing around and get the car fixed right while going into major debt. :lol:

So, after stripping as much as I could myself, I dropped the car off at Pacific Corvette yesterday. For those whose who are unfamilar, they are the shop that did Merlin's brutal blown 522 vert. Since I am not in the dot com business (poor govt employee here), my goals are smaller. Fix the body, replace the bumpers, and shoot it with a new coat of paint.

Today the block goes to the machine shop for a cleaning and new bearings. Plan is to end up with a hyd roller cam setup.

Eventually, all the parts will be back together, mix in some 17" TT2's and sidepipes (steeroids, 6 link and hydroboost optional) and voila:

I am not sure whose '74 coupe I photshopped but thanks for the inspiration.

Also cleaning out the garage, if interested, see this thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=773022
Old 03-10-2004, 02:54 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Car is in the shop, engine goes in today. Parts for sale. (SteveG75)

Must be nice to have a financial manager you don't have to sneak around "Naw, honey, that's not another car part--that's for the lawn mower." :D

JB
Old 03-10-2004, 03:05 PM
3joh
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car is in the shop, engine goes in today. Parts for sale. (SteveG75)

sent you an IM for the radio.

I took the same approach. do it right the first time no matter how much $$.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:43 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car is in the shop, engine goes in today. Parts for sale. (JB)

Must be nice to have a financial manager you don't have to sneak around "Naw, honey, that's not another car part--that's for the lawn mower." :D

JB
Good one ! :cheers:

How 'bout this ? >> "Honey it's an old car and I needed to buy these for 'safety'.....wouldn't want anything to happen while driving, do I ?"
Old 03-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you email concerning the wheels. Good luck with your project and keep us posted with PICS!!!!
Thanks Steve
Eddie
Old 03-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

So, after stripping as much as I could myself, I dropped the car off at Pacific Corvette yesterday. For those whose who are unfamilar, they are the shop that did Merlin's brutal blown 522 vert.
Didn't Merlin have problems getting his car to run right? :confused:
Old 03-11-2004, 11:47 AM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 529 Likes on 357 Posts

Default Re: Car is in the shop, engine goes in today. Parts for sale. (Corey 68)

So, after stripping as much as I could myself, I dropped the car off at Pacific Corvette yesterday. For those whose who are unfamilar, they are the shop that did Merlin's brutal blown 522 vert.

Sounds right. I do know that I am going with the standard SBC with a hyd roller cam and carb for now. :smash:
Old 03-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds right. I do know that I am going with the standard SBC with a hyd roller cam and carb for now. :smash:
Yours might be a little easier to tune than a 2000 hp whipple supercharged beast. :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To Car is in the shop, engine goes in today. Parts for sale.

Quick Reply: Car is in the shop, engine goes in today. Parts for sale.